Chapter _ | Teen Ink

Chapter _

April 24, 2024
By Jo_is_in_space BRONZE, Pflugerville, Texas
Jo_is_in_space BRONZE, Pflugerville, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"There Are People In Your Life That Help You Become The Person You End Up Being, And You Can Be Grateful For Them, Even If They Were Never Meant To Be In Your Life Forever" - Diane Nguyen


She looks where she is going, it's dark but she makes out some stalls. Most likely for carnival  games or food. She continues with her flashlight on. As she walks past what seems to be a fun house, her light starts to flicker, she stops to take a look at the batteries, they are corroded “this flash light is brand new”  Fujioka thinks to herself. She shakes the light a bit but it eventually turns off. “Shoot” she says aloud, she can barely see anything other than knowing the whereabouts of what she was just looking at which was the fun house. Then in a matter of seconds, a multitude of lights flickers on in the funhouse. Only enough for Fujioka to see the entrance and nothing else, as if the door was calling to her. Everything else was pitch black after the light started illuminating the door. Even before she could see a bit but now it was just the entrance to the fun house, she walks towards it and thinks “This isn’t safe, I know that. But I am willing to do anything for Kohana now and forever” she walks into the house and everything in the house lights up except on the inside it isn’t a fun house it's just a regular house. It’s… cozy. But in the way a fire is cozy yet still dangerous and has killed before and will again. That vibe chills Fujioka's spine, she stands there taking a look at the room, there's a coat rack to her left and a place to put her outside shoes on the lower flooring, she however doesn’t and goes ahead to walk further into the house with her shoes on. The flooring is an off white shag carpet with the design having parts of browns and shades of orange in it. To Fujikas front there is a dark hallway, she pays no mind to it and looks to the left of the room where there is a green recliner chair and a couch that is the same color and shape as the recliner to the right\ of the chair there's an orange tinted lamp in the middle of to two lounging seats and a coffee table to the middle and to the other walls that aren’t touched there is a carpet and a huge picture on the wall slightly larger than a flat screen. Fujika comes close to the full body picture. She looks and perplexes on it for a bit, the picture is a sea with marigolds with a girl sitting back facing to the viewer. Fujioka looks at it for a while and for a while she looks. Until something like a hiss or a call came about to Fujioka's ears. She looked around then got her phone out, it had been a 3 hours she was  standing there and looking at the picture, Fujioka looked to the door she had turned back to and its lights were no longer there, the morning sun had taken them over “Oh no” She ran out the door leaving her corroded flashlight behind.


The author's comments:

This is a random chapter from a comic I'm working on, I get a bit carried away being that this is never going to be seen by a vast audience and I'm only going to be showing the drawings and not the actual description of things since it's going to be a comic, but it's still fun for me to let myself go free with it. This is so far my favorite chapter I've wrtien, theres like 30 something chapters in counting