Ted Lasso; A Classic Humor American TV Show | Teen Ink

Ted Lasso; A Classic Humor American TV Show

April 26, 2024
By Bear254 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Bear254 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

 I found this show from my dad’s friend and he started to watch it. I watched it with him and I got into it. I like soccer and I like laughter and I like all the characters acting in it.


Ted Lasso (Jason Sudeiki) and Beard (Brendan Hunt)  are the coaches for the AFC Richmond. Ted Lasso and beard don”t know anything about the sport. The team owner, Rebecca Welton, hires Lasso hoping he will fail as a means of exacting revenge on the team’s previous owner, her unfaithful ex-husband. The show follows their struggles navigating the world of professional soccer. 


The length of the episodes are 34 minutes each, which is more intense and interesting for the people watching it. The episodes get better after you get used to the characters' way of showing their part in the show. 


Ted Lasso and coach Beard make the show so much fun when they are goofing  around and coaching the players. I like both so much because Ted Lasso says things before each game to inspire the players to be ready for the games and to have a good mindset when they don’t win. 


Ted Lasso makes it fun to watch because of the way that Ted Lasso is casted and how they made him be the coach when he does not know that there are halves instead of quarters in soccer. Beard makes it fun because of his unique personality. When he was at the games he would be very quiet and not talkative. But in the later seasons he gets into his own way and goes to his personality and starts to get into himself. Also, Ted Lasso and beard say things together that don’t make sense and it is funny how they say it. 


Roy Kent (Brett Goldstein) and Sam Obisanya (Toheeb Jimoh) are also good characters in the show and I think that they make the show funny and fun to enjoy.  One example is that Roy Kent has a niece, Phoebe, that is 6 to 8 years old and Roy Kent gets a call from the school that she did something bad and when Roy Kent goes to the school Phoebe's teacher introduces herself to Roy. When Roy heard about what his niece did he was about to say the f word but instead he said funnnnn. 


One example that makes Sam obisanya make the show funny and enjoyable to watch is when Sam was at practice and he missed the goal and he was upset about it. So coach Ted tells Sam to come over to him and he asks Sam question which is “what’s the happiest animal on Earth?” Ted says a goldfish. Sam has no clue what it means and Ted Lasso says to Sam “ it got a 10 second memory.” So after that Sam washes the bad memories away and goes back to playing. 


And it shows friendship and relationships and teamwork too and that there is a lot of drama that people can have but they always make them better.  Ted Lasso shows a positive message in each episode to make the watcher more inspiring when the episode is over. 


I would recommend this TV show Ted Lasso because all the characters in the show are funny and they make the TV show more entertaining. Also, you would like it because if you like watching soccer and like playing soccer for fun then you will like watching the show. I also think that Ted Lasso is a good show because of the way they filmed the show and how they made the characters special in a way that we would not think about it. 


The author's comments:

I wrote a review about the tv show ted lasso a American tv show