The minecraft horror experience | Teen Ink

The minecraft horror experience

April 26, 2024
By NateWinter BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
NateWinter BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

People often think Minecraft is a calm and pleasant game, but with certain mods and creatures, it can transform into a horror experience. I discovered this from a YouTuber named Calvin. While watching, I decided to try it myself, and I'm glad I did. These mods added something new to the game, making it feel like a different but enjoyable experience for me. The constant need to stay alert is exactly what I was looking for.


I've downloaded over 30 horror mods, and I love how the mods make the game more challenging and engaging. The mods introduce creepy elements that keep me on my toes. It's rewarding to fight against these creatures that are a part of these mods as well as making the game less peaceful. That's what I seek in games—a good challenge, no matter the form.


However, these mods are not for the faint of heart. They can be unsettling and make you feel uneasy or uncomfortable. If you get scared easily, these mods might not be suitable for you. Now, At night time in minecraft I used to be able to stay outside but due to the mods and creatures I can't stay outside at night without something coming after me or watching me, ready to jumpscare.


I believe horror mods are perfect if you want a tough time in Minecraft. Just keep persevering, but remember to take breaks from the intensity, or else you might start getting bored. Be selective with mods; some are unfinished. My top mods include “The Man from the Fog”, “Cave Dweller”, “The Midnight Dweller”, and “The Smiler”. There are many more, but I won't list them all due to some being unfinished.


“The Smiler” mod is my favorite because it talks and responds to you, adding a creepy touch. Most mods introduce things that chase you or create jumpscares, and some even alternate the environment with eerie structures and sounds.


If you're considering trying these mods and exploring their horror, be prepared for what you're getting into.


The author's comments:

This piece is coming from my experience playing this mod and looking into it and How I was feeling while playing