Mine alternative ending The Lady or the Tiger | Teen Ink

Mine alternative ending The Lady or the Tiger

By emperorshowaorhirohito SILVER, Norridge, Illinois
emperorshowaorhirohito SILVER, Norridge, Illinois

I knew what would happen. I set this up. This plan. I saw my father's misanthropic personality in him, the fiery eyes, he laughed and didn’t care for my needs. He thought that my love was a vile threat to me. Instead, Constantine was a beautiful, caring man. Why can’t I choose my own man?
After Dad told me that he would be sent to trial, my face expression changed. I was appalled at my father. I wanted to kill him, stab him, then laugh and make a blood soup out of him. I would eat it and stir the blood gracefully.
When I got my sanity back, I realized I had to do something. A friend of mine let me meet one of the beautiful ladies in the town. Her charisma was devastating, but here was the key thing: she was a lesbian single. She would not do anything to my man. We made a plan together. If I paid her 1000 in gold, she would volunteer for the trial. She agreed we could have a secret affair.
I worried about the consequences of the plan. The audience clapped and roared like the tiger inside the amphitheater. I signaled Constantine to the door. Through my eyes, I pointed the way to the door. He looked at me confused, puzzled. I mouthed him, “just go with my plan,”
Then my father examined me. “What are you looking at?” he asks.
I think for a moment. “I love this man, I need to be staring at him,”
“He will die soon, by the tiger I bet!” He guffawed intensely. 
    I then cry for a second. What if I got it wrong? What if I wasn't right? As then I see the lady, named Christina, glancing at my man one time yesterday. Constantine then shot a glance back. I hit my hand against the throne chair. My plan won’t work. Christina lied to me. She wasn’t a lesbian, she was straight! She just wanted my man. And my friend, oh well she is untrustworthy! She dissimulated all those feelings for Constantine when I told her to volunteer. And she got free money! At this point I was fire. My feelings were spreading throughout my mind, they couldn’t stop. Until somebody distinguished my fire and blew it out. I walked out of my throne chair.
    “Where are you going?” said dada.
    “I need to get a pen,” I said.
    “To get what?” he asked.
    “To write,”
    “Whatever you say,” he then continues his chuckles. He loves waiting for death.
    I go downstairs to where Constantine was and signaled him
    “I’m sorry, I got them wrong,”
    “Oh, so the tiger is in the other door,”
    “Yes,”
    He smiles and thanks me. I then go to my house. I want her to die so she can feel my pain. I see the loud crowd cheer, saying, “He must be guilty!”
    I run out to the glowing crystalline castle. I am swift like a jaguar. I come back to the arena, near the doors, and I see the lady. My knife is in my pocket.
    “Christina is the plan on?” I ask innocently.
    She laughs for a moment.
    Then with no thought, I get the knife and stab her. She bleeds heavily and I run out with my hands bloody as hell. Satan. I tried to wipe the blood off fast, but it wasn’t working. I then heard a bell. The bell rang twice, notifying that the trial will start. I looked at myself and wanted him to pick the tiger. So I wouldn’t be put in jail. Why did I this? Jealousy is a strong emotion going through my head.
////////////////////////////////////////
    I look two ways, the people who want me to die and my friends and family. I look up towards the king. The princess isn't there. She wasn’t watching this. I understood anyway.
    I doubt myself on picking the doors. I look twice and twice. I didn’t listen to the princess in my mind. What if she wanted to be killed? I didn’t care anymore. At least, I would live. There is no point in taming a tiger. I cannot do that. The vibrating sun glowed on the door.
    I opened the door and see a devastating sight. It was the princess trying to dispose of the beautiful lady’s corpse, which was dirty, and her dress was coated with blood. The audience gasped. Was I dead?
    The king then declared, “THIS IT IT!” he paused, “I AM SENTENCING YOU, MY DAUGHTER, TO JAIL!”