The Missing Queen | Teen Ink

The Missing Queen

By ShelbyFaye BRONZE, Munising, Michigan
ShelbyFaye BRONZE, Munising, Michigan

"That's what you get when you let your heart win."
-That's what you get, Paramore

Once upon a dreary time, there was a magnificent castle. It had two large rooms, one for the king's only child and the other for the king and his missing queen. She had been missing for several years. The details of her disappearance of the young queen were unknown. No one knew her whereabouts and the kind had gone mad trying to find her. His only son, the heir to the throne, knew this and attempted to help his father find his beautiful queen. He helped search for many years until his father took his own life in the most morbid fashion. The young prince, at only 17, was thrust into the position of power. He ruled for many decades and fought many battles. The king never married for he had been in love with his stepmother, the missing queen. One day, near his old age, a beautiful young woman in a torn,worn dress came to the door of the great castle. She asked for an audience with the elder king and was soon granted permission. She was led through the maze of the castle until she came to the door of the largest room. The door was opened and she walked inside. The king, whom was sickly and on his deathbed, looked at the young woman and recognized her. His heart leapt and began to beat too fast. This young woman was the missing queen! How could his stepmother, the love of his miserable life, still look so young? As he opened his mouth to ask, she kissed him. His breath was taken away and he died there, his mouth still open as if accepting a royal kiss. The newly found queen became the ruler of this now-forgotten kingdom. There was no happily ever after as she was extremely cruel to the people. She was stabbed through the heart on what should've been her 300th birthday.

I have been research Vlad iii Dracul for a research paper. I got this inspiration from the rumours that he was a vampire.

on Aug. 17 2010 at 4:33 pm
OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

Wow...well I have to say I didn't entirely understand it, but it was very well-written.  A very intriguing plot line, and good descriptions. My only suggestion is to split it into paragraphs to make it easier to read.