Hungry Stomach | Teen Ink

Hungry Stomach

By George43 GOLD, Delafield, Wisconsin
George43 GOLD, Delafield, Wisconsin

One of the worst days of the school year starts today. The day after spring break. Wake up late this morning. Have to rush to get ready for school. Run out of bed and head to the shower. Got to get dressed and go out the door. I have no time for breakfast this morning.

Driving to school was filled with grumbling stomachs and thoughts of food. The drive was long, and it was difficult to focus with food on my mind. Get out of the car. It’s raining. This 40 degree morning was far different from the ten days of 85 and sunny.

I walk into chem with seconds to spare. I’m so hungry I could die. But yet I continue. Class lasts forever. My head resting on the desk waiting for lunch. Lucky the bell finally rings. I get up quickly and rush to my next class —Creative Writing.

I go to my seat and instantly grab for my lunch. I look for something to snack on. Pretzels are in sight. I grab for one pretzel rod and i devour most of it. One bite left. I see it fall from my hungry hands. The floor is dirty. I have to save it. No 5 second rule today. I fly out of my seat to save it.