The Newest Begining | Teen Ink

The Newest Begining

May 28, 2014
By attackdogswoof BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
attackdogswoof BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Crimson and Scott Winchester were siblings with Crimson being older at 32 and Scott at 26. They were adopted at the age of 13 and 7 by the Lucas family until the day they were raided. It was a pretty normal day around the middle of June. The raids have never come as early as they did that day, so no one expected anything. It was almost 6:00 and they were getting ready to serve dinner. As Julian Lucas was bringing the apple pie to the table she heard a loud boom that rocked the house and knocked everything over. Julian smashed her head against the hardwood flooring causing horrendous pain at the back of her head. Everything started to heat up and the sound of crackling could be heard outside. Ignoring her pain Julian thought of her children and got up off the floor to go find them. As she got to their room across from the kitchen she found the door open and the room littered with all their toys, but their was no sight of Crimson and Scott. Worried and crying she ran to her husband's room to check on him not letting go of the thought of her missing children. When she got to her husband’s room just down the hall she found him on the ground unconscious with the children leaning over him. Relieved that the children were still here but worried about her husband who was not answering. All of a sudden they heard things falling onto the ground, and knew the house wouldn't hold for long. Picking up Mr. Lucas, Julian at the head the kids at the feat, they pulled him to the back of the house and out the back door. They laid him down on the ground about 100 feet from the house. They watched and Cried as their house burned, but little did they know that wasn't the worst that would happen. A sharp pain went through Julian and she let out a wailing scream as she saw the arrow stabbing straight through her heart. She collapsed onto the ground her face staring blankly at her children, who looked in awe at what had happened to their Mother. Crimson looking back to see where the arrow came from saw them.They were almost 50 feet away and moving fast. She got up way too fast and almost fell right back over, but Scott was already on his feet and caught her. They sprinted for the horse barn, but it was empty. The gates were ripped open and the horses were on the ground their side ripped apart and blood everywhere. They ran for the woods forgetting their parents for they were dead, and nothing could save them from the raid planned so early no one suspected it. The goblins had gotten smarter, but how?

Crimson and Scott sat on a hill petting Amelia, their pet ocelot. They found Amelia stuck in a bear trap. Because of that she had her front left paw amputated, but she was an outgoing friendly pet and they loved her. Every night they would go onto the hill and watch the sun go down over the beautiful green forest filled with trees as tall as 200 feet! Suddenly Amelia stood up glaring into the forest. Ears pointing forward as if she were listening to something.Suddenly Amelia started sprinting down the hill toward the forest. Crimson and Scott looked at each other curiously, then sprinted down the hill after her. Reaching the forest together they saw Amelia stalking about 10 feet into the forest. Crimson crouched down and started moving toward her with Scott right behind her. They reached Amelia and looked in the direction of where she was looking. Wide eyed and frozen in fear they couldn't believe what they saw. In front of them about 30 feet was the great forest dragon they had heard about. They didn't think he was real, only a legend. But there he was sitting in front of a tree eating one of the unlucky ogres that happened to wander into the forest. All of a sudden Crimson saw Amelia jump into the opening enabling the Dragon to see her. Crimson picked up a big stick off the ground and ran in front of Amelia to protect her. All the while the dragon just watched them. Then it got up from its dinner and Crimson then noticed just how big it was. The dragon just stood there, it didn't attack and this made Crimson curious. What happened next shocked Crimson for Amelia ran toward the dragon and the dragon laid its head down and gave a soft grunt as they nudged heads. The dragon turned to Crimson and gave a grunt motioning her forward with its head. Crimson called Scott out of his hiding place still hoping the dragon was as nice as it was with Amelia. As they approached the dragon it spoke! And what it said made Crimson and Scott so wide eyed and surprised that Crimson fainted. It said “Greeting, I am your father Nikon.”.

As years passed and Nikon protected his children from everything as small as a goblin to as big as a dragon. Every night he would tell the stories about why they were the children of a dragon. They also found out that Amelia was their mother and her name was actually Alexia. Alexia was always following them and protecting them without letting them know she was present. But one day she got caught in the bear trap she was found in. She had been scouting ahead and luckily for her she was in the way that Crimson and Scott were moving. They were human when they had their children but a couple years after that they found themselves caught in a goblin raid, and upon the goblins was a goblin sorcerer. They were very rare to find and were very strong with their knowing of magic. The sorcerer had started to put a curse on them but they escaped before he could finish. The sought out a wizard to lift the curse that had been strained on them. When the wizard tried to lift the curse, it reacted with the counter spell turning Alexia into an ocelot and Nikon into a dragon. Ever since that day they gave their children to be put up for adoption but always followed them and protected them. They now lived together as a dragon an ocelot and 2 humans until the day the Dragons flew over the lands...