The Movie | Teen Ink

The Movie

By HayleyG. SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
HayleyG. SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Tick, tick, tick. In a trance, I stared at the old grandfather clock as the minutes lulled by, one after the other. I replayed the countless moments I had just experienced through my mind like a movie so terrible I just had to watch it over and over.
I remembered the whole thing all too well, and neither I nor any of the other people sitting around me during those harrowing moments deserved it. This horrible movie I could not get out of my head.
In this movie, the main character had had a perfectly normal day of work and had come to a local cafe to grab a quick coffee and a bite to eat. Little did she know that within a matter of moments, she and all of the other perfectly normal people inside this cafe would be scarred with a sinister plot twist for the rest of their lives. Memories of not knowing if they were going to live to see the next day, the next minute, were burned into their minds. Memories of the people around them dying, suffering, all because of another selfish human being who was willing to end their own life to take others’ as well.
The movie screen flashes to life as the main character witnesses a bomb going off right outside the cafe. At first she is confused. She watches as what has just happens begins to set in with all of the other victims.
“Get down!” someone yells. Everyone takes cover and hides under the wooden cafe tables.
Several more shots are heard from the street and the terror begins to grow by the minute. A cloak of fear has draped itself over everyone inside the cafe and several people begin to cry.
Sirens are heard from outside in the street. The viewers watch as the main character takes out her phone and sends a text to all her closest family and friends that reads:
“No matter what happens, know that I love you.”
The screen flashes forward to several hours later when the people inside the cafe are finally allowed to come out from hiding. Some hesitate at first, but others race to the doors. All are stopped in their tracks when they see the damage that the bomb has done. A long silence floats in the air and is broken by the sound of a clock that can be heard chiming in the distance as the screen fades to black.