Throne of Thorns | Teen Ink

Throne of Thorns

By United BRONZE, Oxford, Ohio
United BRONZE, Oxford, Ohio

Jon rode quickly in front of Eddard, Jon was aware that Eddard was there. They had planned to get back to the city before morning had come because attention would be drawn if they had not returned. “Hurry! If we are seen near Westeros we will be questioned, no matter our blood.” Jon rode faster now, tapping his horse firmly with his boot. He could see the tall looming towers of Ravenfall now as he rode at a ever gaining speed. “Oh come on brother, no one would ever question us, we were just visiting a party is all.” Even Eddard laughed at his own comment because he knew it was to be true. No man in these lands would ever dare question a member of the high family of Ravenfall.

They hurried through the gates as to not be seen. His parents were not yet awake, and it was still very early in the morning. Eddard put the horses away quickly and they sat down to eat breakfast in the hall. “What are you boys doing up at this time of day?” Alexa walked down the long consuming stairs, and sat down next to Jon. Jon messed up Alexa’s hair and laughed, she was not much of the lady type like other princesses usually were at this age. Alexa was all about going on adventures and having fun with her brothers. Alexa was Jon's favorite, she always has been, Jon was fascinated on how she could stay so happy all the time. “Not much at all little bird, just eating, what trouble are you causing today?” Alexa giggled and got up and tried to fix her messy hair and then gave up.
Jon stood, now full and breathed in the brisk air and it went right through him and made him shake with a chill. Jon walked outside and approached the pub of the city, he laughed as he thought of his sister being a lady and how fancy and well kept she would be. Jon walked into the pub and as soon as he did he saw Sebastian. Sebastian seemed like he wasn't even part of the wall he was leaning on, but a whole different being. Sebastian was the high ruler of the Azenians, he was highly respected and had a real reason to be so. “Hello Sebastian.” Jon said as he leaned on the wall near Sebastian. “I heard that the king was stabbed, what a shame it was when I heard that, tragic.” Sebastian held a large sack and handed to Jon and chuckled. Jon awed at the sight he saw, gems and gold inside beyond imagination. “This is more than I expected Sebastian, Thank You.” Sebastian nodded and hugged Jon and then left quickly like a shadow through the dark door, not seen.
Jon walked out of the pub and once again the brisk morning air in his lungs. Amber light filled the air and the November sun rose through the walls and lit the dark cobblestone. November had come like a huge sword piercing his windpipe with a cold blow. Jon breathed in the air with power and welcomed the cold pain like a old friend. Jon thought about Alexa again and knew that it was her 13th birthday. 13 was a big day for a noble, so Jon had gotten something very special for Alexa. Eddard exited his room as Jon passed and he saw the hot coals inside keeping the room warm. “Come on Jon, it's our sisters name day, we must not disappoint.” Jon laughed as he saw the girl that had kept Eddard company under his covers. Eddard shut the door and let Jon go ahead.
Jon walked into the unwelcoming hall and realized that He had a very long day ahead of him. Jon walked towards the main hall doors and pushed them open and was blinded by light.

This is a add on to a previous work I wrote.