Cold As Ice | Teen Ink

Cold As Ice

By NickProphet BRONZE, Cedar City, Utah
NickProphet BRONZE, Cedar City, Utah

“Judy, let’s visit your sister today” Judy’s mom says.  Judy trudges down the stairs and painfully replies, “Ok, I know Alissa would want that.”  Judy stops a moment, looks at her mother and screams, “But I’m not!”  At the tips of Judy’s fingers a beam shoots in the direction of her mother.  Her mother is now see through, but even more disturbing her heart freezes.  Judy claps her hands, and her mother’s heart shatters.  “Thank you for your amazing deed Judy, it’s very appreciated.” a voice cackles.

2 weeks earlier
“Let it go, let it go,” Judy brightfully sings as Frozen plays for family movie night.
“You should let this movie go,” Alissa snarks.  As the movie plays, a cold chill comes upon Judy. 
“I’m getting really cold,” Judy remarks. 
“Let’s grab the blankets,” Mom says.  Mom goes and grabs 3 blankets for each of them.  The chill doesn’t stop. 
“Um actually, I think I’ll just crawl up in bed.  It’s getting late anyways.”  Judy replies.  Judy races up the stairs into her nice warm bed, that isn’t warm enough.  A couple of hours pass and Judy still can’t fall asleep.   The lights downstairs go out, and Judy lies in her pitch black room.  Judy still freezing, opens her window to let some light in as the wind whistles into the the dark night.  As the wind continues its horrifying lyrics, she can almost hear a small sound softly calling, “She’s coming, none will survive.”  Judy shivers, and thinks about going into her mother’s room.  Judy starts crying.  She crys and crys until she finally goes to sleep.  Judy never woke up.
As Judy was sleeping a spirit traveled into her room.  The spirit needed the soul of the one who loved her most.  The spirit hissed, “I’ve only got so much strength left, but I have enough for one last merge.”  The spirits cold soul leaped into Judy right towards her pure heart.  Judy’s heart was full of love, so it was hard to freeze.  The spirit used all her strength, and Judy’s heart crackled….and then froze.  The spirit held a sledge hammer in her arm and smashed the ice heart, and Judy was gone.  The spirit began the transformation, and merged into Judy’s body.  The spirit said five words, “Let the storm rage on.”  The thunder laughed as she said those words.
“Judy get out of bed and get ready for school, I need to get there early so Jordan can see me in my hawt new outfit,”  Alissa wined. 
“You like you died in that dress.  Cordan what’s his name is going to glare at you, throw up, glare at you again, throw up again, the cycle continues,”
Alissa had always bullied Judy, but Judy never talked back.  Judy throws another remark at Alissa stating, “if your dress is so hot, it will burn you up in flames and send you to,” Alissa doesn’t let Judy finish, counters with, “Um I meant hawt spelled H A W T, get with social media gurl G U R L.”  Alissa remembers why she was even yelling at Judy and does one last call, “get down here now or you’re not getting a ride!” 
“Nah I’ll stay here,” Judy replies.
“Alright, but don’t burn down the house while you stay here, or we’ll all die.”   To Alissa’s surprise she gave possessed Judy an idea. 
As Alissa got to school she spotted the jock, popular, and dreamy Jordan Holt.  Alissa beckons to him and yells, “Jordan I need help carrying my books, can you help me.”  Jordan takes one glance at Alissa and sprints down the school hallway looking more than willing to help.  Jordan compliments Alissa as they walk down the hall, but as they turn down the corner. . . the lights turn off.  The school goes quiet, as they can’t see anything.  Alissa can barely see Jordan, but glazes and can almost see an image of a see through Jordan.  “Bang” a small clap like sound yelps.  Immediately the lights flash back on, but Alissa doesn’t see Jordan. . . until she looks down. 
Lying on the cold hard floor a motionless Jordan stares at Alissa.  Alissa then shrieks, her heart pounding to the point that she can hear it yelp, “pound pound pound.”  She takes another look at Jordan’s body, no injury not even a scratch places itself on his body.  About ten minutes later an ambulance shows up with Jordan’s mom patiently waiting, with signs of tears about to come loose. The principal beckons the kids to go back to first period.  Alissa’s day continues with nothing on her mind but Jordan’s fate.  As eighth period arrives the intercom reads as a lady states, “I’m very sorry to inform you (gulp), but Jordan Holt is dead.  They still don’t know how he died, we will give you details as soon as possible, if you want the slightest bit of information, he was freezing when they touched him.”  Alissa’s whole classroom went dead in silence.  Then there were wails, those wails turned to cry’s, and those cry’s transformed to sobs.  No one in that room was not feeling grief, and not sobbing for the whole period.  But the real horror was just beginning.
The school bell rang, but Alissa was feeling sick, so she stayed in for a couple of minutes.  Her stomach was a sewing machine, threading in and threading out.  She barfed a few times barking like a dog.  She finally decided to walk out, and and her whole stomach would have come out if she wasn’t as strong as she was.  Covering the whole hall were bodies, they looked all like a pack of sleeping wolves all cramped together.  But  at last in the middle stood a body. . . alive.  Judy Carlton stood there with a smirk on her face and hissed out, “You’re the next book in my library!”
To be Continued

The movie Frozen inspired me to write this piece, and make a villian out of the common nice Elsa.

on Nov. 9 2016 at 9:27 pm
NickProphet BRONZE, Cedar City, Utah
comment on this