Empire of Storms Newsletter | Teen Ink

Empire of Storms Newsletter

By ZoeElsa GOLD, Kamas, Utah
ZoeElsa GOLD, Kamas, Utah

After an epic battle between Empress Maeve and the pending queen of Terrasen, the dark majesty captured Aelin Galathynius in iron shackles and a cage. With her connection to wyrd keys and royal blood, Aelin became the ultimate target. Queen Maeve used her own blood sworn soldier, Lorcan, against Aelin. Elide Lochan’s involvement with Lorcan Salvaterre caused Maeve to use her as bait to trick the rest of the Court. Aelin came after Elide to save her from Maeve in a state of nearly no magic.

Drained of magic, Aelin used the skills she had acquired as Celaena Sardothien to keep Queen Maeve occupied. In this process, Aelin something shocking. “I saw your mate...you and Prince Rowan.” said the Queen, bent on breaking her spirit. “It was so easy to tug on the right psychic thread that day Rowan saw Lyria at the market. To shove him down another path, to trick those instincts. A slight altering of fate.” Because Aelin was not born yet, Maeve tied Aelin’s mate to someone else to break him.

To help send a message to her old servant Rowan Whitethorn, Maeve brought her new pet to illustrate an example of what will happen to his mate. Cairn, Rowan’s sadistic newfound replacement, whipped the defiant queen in a sign of submission. From that injured position, the evil queen put a mask of iron on Aelin, as recounted from the accounts of Lysandra, Manon, and others. After that degrading feat, the Queen and her cadre put Aelin in iron shackles arounder her wrists, ankles, and neck. Then after all of this, “No one healed her ravaged back, barely more than a bloody slab of meat, as they guided her into the iron box. Made her like upon her wounds. And then slid the lid into place. Locked it,” told Manon. After all of this was done and gone, Rowan met up with the rest of the Court and found out everything. After “unleashing a cry that set the world trembling” Rowan set out on the hunt to find his mate. 

THIS WEEK’S
TOP STORIES

“You are mine,”-Rowan
“I am yours,”-Aelin
“And you love me,”-Rowan
“To whatever end,”-Aelin
Aelin Galathynius and Rowan Whitethorn are Married!

According to Prince Rowan, he and his mate Aelin were married “before dawn barely two days..” before she was taken into captivity by Queen Maeve. He also stated that Aedion and Lysandra were the only witnesses excluding the captain who married them. After this long awaited union, the couple had fifteen minutes to consummate that marriage. Aedion now carries the formal documents and the captain has the duplicates.

But this marriage wasn’t just about love. Aelin had “married Whitethorn… so Terrasen could have a king” as reported by Lorcan. Queen Aelin had married Rowan to protect the rest of her Court and kingdom. She had reassured that her friends would be under the leadership of someone who knows what needs to be done. Placing her Court and kingdom in Rowan’s strong hands, Aelin set up all the safeguards for  her demise and capture. Through this all her love for Rowan stayed true. After all, she had known he was her mate ever since the arrow had pierced his shoulder at the Temple of Temis.

Aedion Ashryver Promises to Marry Lady Lysandra of Caraverre and More Lyandrion Moments
by Zoe B. on December 18

On the report of Aedion himself, he is one day “going to marry you [Lysandra]”. He made this proclamation of affection on the beach Skull Bay. This was after the battle when Lysandra held the shape of a sea dragon and battled against not only baby wyverns, but their adult sized counterparts as well. She said she had to “unleash every wild instinct, yielding the part of her that felt and cared.” In order to bring back the woman in the beast, Aedion had to get her to recognise him and pay attention to him. The way he did that was to tell her of his feelings for her.

The Court had been seeing the electricity between the two ever since they met in Celaena’s apartment in Adarlan. Sparks have flown ever since then and now we have confirmation of a relationship. On the beach of Skull Bay, Aedion also stated that “I am going to marry you. I’ll be generous and let you pick when, even if it's ten years from now. Or twenty. But one day, you are going to be my wife.” With that devilish sense of humor, he also commented that “Princess Lysandra Ashryver sounds nice, doesn’t it?” Terms with the pair were undefined past that point until the battle with Maeve’s army. During the battle, Aedion told Lysandra to leave, but Lysandra in ghost leopard form “leaned in and nuzzled his cheek, his neck.” In response he merely said, “The next time, do that in human form.” Lysandra’s tail curled in an answer. Therefore we can say that she wants to someday. It was only a matter of time before these two warriors got together. Watching each other’s backs, they are going to survive through the war to get that special moment.

These are the articles from my Empire of Storms Newsletter. I do not own Throne of Glass or its characters. All credit to Sarah J. Mass.