The Kid with the Basketball | Teen Ink

The Kid with the Basketball

October 23, 2014
By Agrant BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
Agrant BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Every day I would walk to school dribbling my basketball, I wouldn't go anywhere without my basketball. I love basketball and we had a big game this week, it was the game to get us in to the play offs, and my ball was my lucky charm you could say because it was with me every day and I was dribbling it all the time because I’m the point guard. But the day before the big game I was walk and dribbling down the road, not paying attention it bounce off my foot and rolled right under the biggest meanest bully, he grabbed it and wouldn’t give it back. I didn’t know what to do and man I was mad I needed help so I ran home and got my big brother ,I kept asking help me help me! He wouldn’t I know this sounds strange but I ask my younger brother for help and he said yes so the next day we had a plan I was flipping out I didn’t have my ball but, my younger brother was smart he knew something the bully couldn’t stand to be without and that was his skate board. So at lunch my brother snuck to the bully’s locker, and toke it. When he got back he didn’t have it, and I was shocked and mad, I started flipping out on him where is it I thought you were going to get it and he told me to shut up and just wait, so I did. After lunch we all went to go to are lockers to get our stuff for class and I heard a loud slam and someone screaming where is it, it was the bully my brother toke the skate bored but the bully was walking towards me. I didn’t know what to do I tried to run but it was too late, he grabbed me and pinned me against my lockers and said where is it, I said where’s what, Bully: “you know my skate board”, Me: “no I don’t” ,then thank goodness my brother showed up and said looking for your skate board, and the bully said yes, yes where is it, give my brother’s ball back and I will my brother said. Ok I will I will the bully said, he dropped me a said here’s your ball and my brother gave him his skate board. I was so happy my younger brother helped. So the rest of the day went on and I dribbled every chance I got, school got dismissed and I dribbled the whole way home I made sure my ball didn’t roll or bounce out my hands I stayed focused just like I will at tomorrow’s game. That night I had a weird dream that I was in the game and it was just me and the bully and he kept taking my ball,  the next day I was so nerves he would try taking it again so I didn’t dribble once but he didn’t, so the day flue by and it was game time and I saw him the bully and I did terrible first half bad pass, and they stole it from me easy, the first half ended and I didn’t know what I was going to do if I didn’t start doing better coach was going to sit me out and I didn’t want that. When I came out of the locker room my older brother was standing there and he came up to me and said brother I’m here for you, don’t let that bully bother you I will take care of him, and I know your better than this I see you dribbling everywhere your amazing at it better than me so get out there and show them what you got and don’t worry that bully won’t take another thing from you. I told him ok gave him a big hug and got out there, I’m on the court focused and I look over and see the bully I didn’t get scared though because I saw my big brother walk up to him and I knew he was going to take care of it, so the ball is inbounded to me dribbling up the court one cross over after another no one was going to stop me, I get to my range throw it up swish, and the crowed starts cheering. One basket after another, assist to. I was dribbling great, passing great and scoring again. It was down to the last 10 second I steal the ball we are down by three I run down the court stopped at three point line guarded I pass it off, then you could hear the crowed three, two I got the ball passed to me one the ball is in the air flying to the basket the buzzer goes off, the ball bounced on the rim once, twice, and then swish. We win we are going to the to the play offs, the crowed and my team cheering my name I felt awesome and I looked up to my brother and just smiled, and thought in my head thank you thank you.  The next day in school everyone was still cheering for me, I heard you were amazing last night, you were on fire, and you’re the best. But the thing that shock me the most is the bully. The cheer stop it became silent because the bully was walking up to me, he stopped in front of me and sad great game last night and im sorry for taking your ball and ask if we could be friends. It was still silent and I looked up to him and said yes and I gave him a bro hug and the cheering was for both of us now, So the year went on we made it to states but lost by 2, the bully wasn’t the biggest meanest bully anymore, he was my best friend and he was the nicest kid you ever meet. I went on with my year and just kept dribbling my ball.