chapter six: fear | Teen Ink

chapter six: fear

By weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California
weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

"People should be able to say how they feel. How they really feel. Not, you know, some words that some strangers put in their mouth."

I had no answer. None.

"Will you let me explain?" I jumped and saw Aoran sitting by another tree to my left.

"Explain what?" I questioned, curling myself up and resting my forhead to my knees.

"Myself; so you won't be mad at me."

"Conceited much?" I muttered under my breath.

"I'm trying, Sophie."

"Trying to what?"

"Explain." I lifted up my head and looked at him. He sat cross-legged like a lovesick school boy. I put my head back down sideways- still staring at him, waiting for him to continue.

"Gerry did it."

"Did what?"

"He texted you that night- on prom night." No. NO, NO, NO! This isn't happening. Please, no. "I didn't do it. I never wanted-" I stopped his rush of an explanation.

"Why can't you just accept it?" I don’t want this. I don’t want him.

"What?" Aoran's questioning gaze looked into my eyes and I held it steadily.

"Accept that maybe I've moved on." I could push him away- far away. I could start over. I could do it. I could live without him.

He looked down at his hands and was silent. "If that's the case, then-"

"That is the case." I lied. I just wanted him gone and out of my life.

"Are you saying that you don't have any- at all- feelings for me?" In his voice I heard the pain I inflicted on him. I was sorry, but not that sorry.

"I'm saying that I want you to leave." The words hung in the air and even as much as I wanted to hurl myself into his arms, I had to say it.

He stood up and stepped closer to me. I looked up at him. "If I leave then that'll be one of the biggest mistakes of my life."

"And yet I still want you gone."

"And what if I don't want to go?"

I met his eyes and on the brink of tears I said, "Then I'll go." But my voice cracked and he heard it. He grabbed me and held me tightly against him. I struggled against his arm, but it was no use. Aoran had me and forced me to cry on his shoulder just like the first night he came back. He wouldn't let me run away. He knew me too well. He knew that I still loved him. He wanted me. Why else would he be here?

"Don't go, Sophie. Let's try again, please." He begged.

I didn't answer. I couldn't answer. I was still crying against his shoulder. His fingers ran through my hair and his other hand was locked around my body, holding me close to him. "I- I can't." I stuttered through my sobs.

"We've been together for three years. We can be together. Please." I looked up into his eyes and saw the true sincerity there. "I won't hurt you. I could never do that. I love you too much remember?"

I didn't want to say it. I didn't want to be pulled back into our love, but I couldn't stop myself either. "I love you, too."

He began to close in on me. He wanted to love me. He wanted to kiss me. But I pulled back.

“I can’t. I can’t do this.” I mumbled.

“Why not?”

“Because! You- you’re… your not supposed to be here.” I cried.

“But I am here!” he screamed at me.

“You should have left!”

“But I didn’t! I can’t! You’re here! Do you know how WRONG it feels for you to be here while I’m all the way across this darn country? I can’t live like that! I need to be here!” his voice lowered to a whisper as he held my hand with both of his. “I need to be with you. Can’t you tell? Can’t you see that I still love you?”

I could see it. As clear as glass, as clear as the cloudless night sky, I could see truth. But my fear was just as clear to me. And this struggle between Aoran and I was not between us at all. It was a struggle between his love and my fear. It wasn't a fight either. The winner, if there was one at all was just the person who lasted the longest.

Love that lasted this long and even longer was true enough. Fear that overcame it was true also. And I was scared. Scared of him, scared of myself and of the future that was in front of me.

“Yes,” I answered.

izzie99 said...
on Apr. 4 2011 at 1:07 pm
i love this! you HAVE to make chap 7!! PLZ!!!!!

on Apr. 1 2011 at 9:49 pm
weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

because of your open persistence I finally took the time to open up a notebook and start writing:) so congratulations for being the most persistent fan I've ever had and i appreciate it because I haven't felt the feel of a pencil in my hand in that kind of passion in a long time. Well, I've submitted chapter seven and now we wait aha. When it comes out, I hope you'll love it!

on Mar. 27 2011 at 6:30 pm
Haley_Elizabeth GOLD, Wallingford, Vermont

"Embrace imperfection rather than hide your flaws."

IS THERE EVER GOING TO BE A CHAPTER 7?!?!!!!!

on Mar. 8 2011 at 6:50 pm

Please, please, please tell me there's going to be a Chapter 7, please?

on Feb. 27 2011 at 11:32 am

i hate you SO mucg for ending it right there! :( i'm sad now.

on Feb. 19 2011 at 9:11 pm
xBaByGiRrL22x PLATINUM, Pearl River, New York

"The goal isn't to live forever, but create something that will."
"If you wanna go, baby let's go; if you wanna rock, I'm ready to roll.''
"No one ever said it'd be easy. They just said it'd be worth it." <3

OMG u really are an amazingg writer. plzzzz write some more of this story. im completely hooked

on Jan. 23 2011 at 4:38 pm
softballfreak42 GOLD, Holmdel, New Jersey

-DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-A love story gone wrong. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a love story.
-Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.
-When writing the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen.

SOOOOOOO GUD!!!!! RITE MORE!!!!!! =D

KellyR GOLD said...
on Nov. 12 2010 at 12:45 pm
KellyR GOLD, Richmond, Virginia

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

I would of liked to hear more of an explanation from Aoran, because he didn't really say what happened prom night and I think it was unrealistic for her to just not ask any questions.

Orlene BRONZE said...
on Nov. 10 2010 at 8:37 pm
Orlene BRONZE, Phx, Arizona

The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed. - Eminem

I really like your stories! You are very good. :) 

Do you mind reading mine? It's called "The Nightmare" and could you give me feedback. Thank you

again your stories are really good! keep writing 

on Oct. 1 2010 at 7:42 pm
freewriter_123 SILVER, Miramar, Florida

"Whoever said nothing was impossible never tried slamming a revolving door." ;)

espically our story. No one has commented on either parts. :( I really would like some feedback.

on Sep. 26 2010 at 1:16 pm
freewriter_123 SILVER, Miramar, Florida

Espically our story. I really want some feedback on that one.

on Sep. 18 2010 at 5:26 pm
freewriter_123 SILVER, Miramar, Florida

ok I just finished reading both and commented on the 2nd. I really like them and think you should keep going. If you get a chance read and comment on mine plz

on Sep. 15 2010 at 2:15 pm
WritingLoverForever PLATINUM, Bowling Green, Ohio

It's not about success; it's about significance.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

you're very welcome :)

on Sep. 14 2010 at 7:26 pm
weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

awww. trying to make me cry huh? lol thank you!!

on Sep. 14 2010 at 2:09 pm

Love is a strong word, and trust me, I don't use it lightly. :)

on Sep. 13 2010 at 10:43 pm
weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

i can see your persistence:) lol. its nice to see a fan from across all my stories, which i hope you see is A LOT:) but i noticed u didn't read Not Again. I think you'd enjoy it. plz read! no one has commented on chapter two:(

on Sep. 13 2010 at 10:41 pm
weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

aww! thanks!! but if you could, while ur waiting for the next chapter to come out (lol) can u read my other story Not Again. there are two chapters and absolutely no one has commented on the second one:(

on Sep. 13 2010 at 10:40 pm
weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

thank you sooo much<3 u know love is a strong word lol aha

on Sep. 12 2010 at 8:06 pm
freewriter_123 SILVER, Miramar, Florida

I think you have a little more than eight. You can count me in and a bunch of others

Zzzie SILVER said...
on Sep. 1 2010 at 6:26 pm
Zzzie SILVER, North Canton, Ohio

"Think positive, or I'll have to start singing."

These are good! I'm looking forward to the next chapter!