The Start of Forever | Teen Ink

The Start of Forever

May 10, 2013
By Melissa Gonzalez BRONZE, Miami, Florida
Melissa Gonzalez BRONZE, Miami, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I never thought that I would be the kind of girl to say how in love I am. I usually don’t express my feelings, but I am so certain that this is true love.
It began in mid-April, when my current boyfriend asked me to go to the fair. I had always seen Brian around the halls in my school and wondered if he even noticed my face. It was Friday, when everyone was ready to leave school and enjoy the weekend, but since I was involved in sports, I had to stay till 6 just like Brian. Brian is usually a shy kid who doesn’t talk much, so when he approached me after practice I was in complete shock. I got knots in my stomach and almost didn’t respond to him because of how nervous I was. After I finally said yes, we said goodbye knowing the next day, Saturday, would be unforgettable.
I woke up bright and early on Saturday to get a head start on my outfit and hair. I straightened my hair and put on the cutest shorts and shirt I had in my closet. It was around 3 p.m. when I headed over to the fair. There he was, waiting by the ticket booth to purchase the tickets as I arrived. I instantly felt my cheeks flush. As soon as he paid for my admission tickets and tickets to ride the rides, he grabbed my hand. I almost passed out between the heat and anxiety I was having because I never thought that this day would come.
We ate, we played, and we connected in a way that I knew was different. We exchanged numbers and from then on we have been dating. It has been three years. I believe that Brian is my soul mate and God put us in each other’s paths so that we could be blessed with the love we can bring one another. If I was that nervous for our first date, imagine how I’ll be at our wedding!


The author's comments:
What inspired me was the love and trust me and my soulmate have.