Addicted To Love | Teen Ink

Addicted To Love

By Anindita63 BRONZE, Sylhet, Other
Anindita63 BRONZE, Sylhet, Other

"Be a leader,not a follower!"

The strict, unlively physics teacher carried on her futile attempts to teach us kinematics. Bored, I almost slept in the class when a sudden knock on the door made me startled. On the other side of the door stood one of our former students; he is not an ordinary one because he just got admitted in a renowned medical college which we believe is out of our reach.

My friend sitting right beside me apprehensively said “hey, look TUDOR, the genius med guy.’’

Because of her eagerness, I raised my eyes to have a look at him. It wasn’t the first time I saw him. Indeed it was the very first time I noticed him and fell in love. From that day till today I could not resolve what lied in him that doesn’t let me sleep. Was it his soft, gentle, raven-black sleepy eyes or was it because I found him handsome. Yes, he was the most handsome guy I ever saw, with a straight nose, broad shoulders, messy hair and with a perfect height, he seemed like a man without any imperfections.

Well, it has been four years since I fall for him and four years without letting Tudor know my feelings is extremely difficult. Every time I think of him, my heart aches but I want his thoughts to obscure my brain; so I let my heart go through such agonies. You are probably wandering the reasons behind maintaining such distances with him. Shouldn’t I just be care-free and express my deep admiration towards him?! For a brief moment, I feel I should! But there are more reasons to stay as a silent lover than to outburst my feelings. Firstly, I know h has absolutely no reasons to love me. Us, being together is like the sun kissing the sea or in his language, like he RNA being double-stranded. Thirdly, how can he fall for somebody he doesn’t know exists? I mean, there is just no comparison!

First time I had the notion of telling him, the fact that he revolves around biology stopped me, I completely can’t biology! But as they say, love is blind, and now I know what those three words actually mean, that fact doesn’t bother anymore.

The first instant my eyes met his I considered him a normal individual whose face will soon fade away. And it did! I got promoted from class eight to nine and within a month he escaped my memory. I let him go, but my fate didn’t! He again came to my view. Wearing a yellow T-shirt, a bag hung on his shoulders and an amiable smile, he entered our classroom to inform us about a vaccine.

After a year or so, when I was on the verge of forgetting him, my fate again stood against me. It seemed as if it had waged a war against my weak heart. It was Durga puja, when I saw him wearing an orange Punjabi sitting with his friends and as usual a smile glued on his shining face. My heart hammered faster, a wave of an unknown feeling swept over me. I could see nothing except for him; only his face glistened under the sun.
Afterwards, my emotions ran wild; they knew no bounds. My eyes searched to stare at him so that I can fill him with my unconditional love. October 2015 is knocking on the door and Durga puja is back. A year has passed and my heart still cries like it did, stealing the sleep from he eyes. Not even in my dreams. I am in rest because all I can dream is about you. My eyes look around in search of mu elusive Tudor.

Love is like a game; you either win or lose. But I never won or lose in the unpredictable game of love. I will always watch in the stands like a audience in a match, mesmerized, admiring your beauty. And who knows, one day I might get lucky, and come face to face with you. I will wait for this moment, if it comes or never comes- but I will never forget you.