Zeus the Lover of Malclai | Teen Ink

Zeus the Lover of Malclai

December 24, 2010
By PerfectMGymnast DIAMOND, Parker, Colorado
PerfectMGymnast DIAMOND, Parker, Colorado
57 articles 25 photos 633 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you don't leap you'lll never know what it's like to fly"


He was god of all the land. He was the god of the mortals and immortals. He was the god of gods; god of all. And his name was Zeus. Zeus lived high up in the clouds among the immortals. He was king over them. He was the most powerful ruler. He got whatever he wanted when he wanted it. It was his thrown; his power. Zeus often grew tired of the immortal paradise and enjoyed disguising himself as a mortal and walking among them. He loved using his powers on them. It was hilarious to him and it amused himself for quite a long time. One day as Zeus was out mingling with the Light Fairies a beautiful young mortal caught his eye. Her name was Malclaia. He loved the way her soft, golden hair flowed in the wind and how her crystal blue eyes put him into a luminous trance. She was perfect. There were no flaws about her. Her smile made his day. And her cute button nose made him smile. She fascinated him. He grew obsessed of her. He had to have her as his wife. For days he followed her around wherever she went so that he could find out what she liked. He followed her to the beauty store; where she loved to try on the newest, fresh aromas and fragrances of perfume. He followed her to the pet store; where she enjoyed caring for the baby dragons, puppies and kittens. And he followed her to the laboratory; where she spent hours gazing through there big telescope; up above into the night sky. Zeus knew that Malclaia was in love with someone else. For her to fall in love with him, he would have to impress her. So one day while she was in the flower pastures picking flowers Zeus arose from the tall bundles behind her. He had startled her. “Don’t be alarmed”, he calmly said to her. “My dear Malclaia you have stolen my heart so I wish to impress you.” Then Zeus used his powers to make all the flowers of the world smell. Each and everyone had a different, sweet succulent aroma to them, so that she would always have a new fragrance to smell. She was impressed by this and excited to be able to sniff these new delightful smells, but she did not love him. So she turned her back on him and left. He was heart broken but still determined to win her over. Zeus was sadly walking past the flower shop that now smelt pleasant and fruity when he saw Malclaia. She looked prettier than ever in her long, slender, blue dress draped with yellow daisies. She was sitting in the Ramani Park petting her new puppy, Ezcla. She was speaking to it and it was listening to every heart felt word she was saying. If only in her wildest dreams would Ezcla be able to respond to her. “Perhaps giving animals speech would impress her enough”, thought Zeus. He began to approach her, but as she saw him do so, she quickly got up and began to run from him. She was not fast enough. He caught up to her and grabbed her arm. She struggled to release his clutch. “ Please don’t run”, he begged. “I love you and desire to grant your wish.” She knew he was too strong for her so she gave up and let him grant her wish. All of the sudden Ezclas bark disappeared and was replaced with a voice. And so were the barks of all the animals of the world. Malclaia was again impressed. She couldn’t believe that she could finally talk to animals. She couldn’t wait to speak to all the animals of the world, so she took Ezcla and ran off to the pet store. She had forgotten all about Zeus. Zeus was now alone and angrier then ever. What more could he do to impress her? It had been days since Zeus had seen his dear Malclaia. He was among the alleys, taking a shortcut to the sky clouds; when he heard a scream. “HELP!” The voice called out. It was malclaia. She was in trouble. The fearless Zeus sprang into action wounding the death dragon that was harming his love. Zeus was angry at the thought that something was trying to hurt Malclaia so he created death and killed the death dragon. He named death after the death dragon. He looked for Malclaia and found her on her knees crying and covered in blood. He swept her off her feet and carried her back to her cottage where he whipped up a healing potion for her, made of cloud dust, lightning bolts and snake venom. Now she was really impressed and began to fall in love with her hero. He took her up among the clouds to his palace and married her. Malclaia came to be the favorite out of his 21 wives. They lived happily together in his paradise. Then one day while Zeus was among the mortals, Malclaia met Adonis, the handsome god of desire and manly looks. She fell in love and began to have an affair with him. When Zeus found out what his Malclaia had done he took the sun and had it burn Malclaias’ skin until it was bright red and pealing. He called this pain, Sunburn. But even after he had done that to her she went back to cheating on him. She couldn’t resist Adonis. So to punish her for cheating again, he took away animals speech, except for parrots which he charmed to copy whatever it hears. He cursed Malclaia with it and made it so that the bird had to follow her wherever she went. Even as harsh as that was malclaia could not break free of Adonis’ charm. So again she cheated. And this time Zeus killed her. If he could not have her then no one could.


The author's comments:
I had to write a story about Zeus as a fiction piece and I really enjoy mythology and so I researched a lot and made up a story that I hope people enjoy.