The Corrupted Kids | Teen Ink

The Corrupted Kids

By orose BRONZE, Cohasset, Massachusetts
orose BRONZE, Cohasset, Massachusetts

you can't find love if you don't look for it.

You feel torn. Like pieces of you have been shredded up into pieces. The thoughts flow through your mind while the adrenaline pumps rapidly through your veins as you run fast. Faster and fastest until you can’t think and all you see is blurred lined and dots scattering the jet black sky that surrounds you. You try to run more but your eyes go blank and all your body goes weak. Eyes open but all you see are the memories over and over again like a small child trying to get their mother’s attention. She calls out to her but she is to tired to pay attention, to caught up with the red liquid that she keeps drinking every night. Your hands are hot, they burn like your whole body. It aches but the night time sounds sooth your head like the memories of his hands on your body. But the sadness always creeps up on you and craws under your skin when your to busy looking around for him. It stands and waits and whispers to you not to be happy. But oh all you can think about is the boy thats taken or the white papers marked with 60 on them. Maybe all you can think through all the troubled thoughts and pain is how you could get out the easy way if you really wanted. But would you really want it that way? The path with pills, liquid in plastic cups held by shaken and cut up hands, rows of white power and darkness. When would you want that? Why would you want that? The shaken up road with bumps and pot holes or the perfect paved road are neither the choice for you, for you my friend should carve your own path where the rocks and dead grass lay. That corrupted piece of land will always be a road you can make. But it will be yours, it will always be your corrupted road. The road the releases the ugly truth instead of the perfect lies that you hide behind a mask every day. You will feel torn like that first night you felt your chest break for the first time. That night when you ran like the wind trying to avoid your problems, trying to avoid life. But if you didn’t have life there would be no path, no nights you regret, no corrupted road you would have to walk down,and no time when you ran to the waves trying to get your mind clear. With out life there wouldn’t be love or those great or even bad memories that ran through your mind. You will learn as the clock ticks on. But my greatest friend, without life you would miss out on every part that all humans crave.