The Magician's Stone chp. 8 | Teen Ink

The Magician's Stone chp. 8

February 28, 2015
By dizzywrite GOLD, Vienna, Virginia
dizzywrite GOLD, Vienna, Virginia
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If things are not going right... Go left.


Frageus heard a knock on the door and yanked it open, nearly pulling it off its hinges, and yelled, “What’s fer breakfast?” Instead he found Hyphonon waiting outside with a map scrolled in his hands.

“Com’on in,” Frageus’ face fell, “so yeh heard somethin’ again?”

“Well…Yes. But I do have some important matters I want to discuss, Your Majesty.”

“So important that yeh came to bother me early in the mornin’—I mean afternoon—ah, whatever!” Frageus pointed at the clock, which shows 12:30.

“Your Majesty, It’s already lunch time.”

“Oh yeah, right!”

Hyphonon held out his map. “Sir, I have some important information.” He reminded.

Frageus and Hyphonon took their seats, and Hyphonon laid out a map. “Right now we are here, right pass the desert and at the foot of the mountains.” Hyphonon pointed.

Frageus scratched his ear. “Keep goin’,” he said.

“But as I have heard—” Hyphonon caught himself, “As my spies have informed me, the army of Greenwoods Land is following us. They are just about half—”

“Wait. Tell me if I’m righ’. So we’re followin’ Odysseus, correc’?”

“Yes.” Hyphonon answered.

“And now yeh’re tellin’ me tha’ Cynervus, a cowardly cat, has the nerves to follow me? ME?” Frageus yelled and slammed the desk, making the whole room rumble. A potted plant by the window fell over, and soil spilled from the pot.

Hyphonon cleared his throat. “Cynervus always needed advice from others, sir. So we should—”

“We should declare war! I’m not gonna let Cynervus follow me around!” Frageus waved his hands in the air frantically.

“As I’ve said, Your Majesty, Cynervus needs supervision. So I have a suggestion for what we should do next.” Hyphonon leaned in closer. He lowered his voice and raised his ears as if listening intently to the outside movement. “I think Cynervus relied on his general, Aeolus, to make every decision. I can order one of our spies to write a fake letter about Greenwoods Land being under attack. Cynervus would most likely send Aeolus back with some troops to defend, only to learn that they were tricked. We can then attack them, and drive them away.”

Frageu grinned. After Hyphonon finished, Frageus let out a roar of laughter. “Ha! What a plan! What a plan!” He pounded the desk with his fist, and left a dent where he hit.

Frageus jumped out of his chair. The chair almost fell over backwards but then tipped back onto its four legs. “That’s wha’ we’re gonna do, Hyphonon! Call a spy and tell’em your plan. Tell the soldiers to prepare for battle!”

Hyphonon pushed his chair back and stood up. “Your orders shall be carried out immediately, Your Majesty.” He rolled up his map and marched away.

After Hyphonon left, Frageus snickered. “Get ready for yer destruction, Cynervus, yer destruction!”