The Crimson Alchemist’s Grand Adventure | Teen Ink

The Crimson Alchemist’s Grand Adventure

By Richard_W. BRONZE, Frankfort, Ohio
Richard_W. BRONZE, Frankfort, Ohio

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
-Albert Einstein

Rin-Sama sat idly while he waited for the bill of his dinner at Mr. Wong’s noodles. “I

can’t wait to get back home and squeeze some training in before tonight’s show,” he mentioned

to himself. The waitress came around, but not with his bill, but with a fortune cookie. Confused,

he opened the cookie and it read as followed, “ You’re in great danger, come with my wife to the

back, i’ll explain more.” Rin looked up at the waitress, half expecting her to drag him there.

“We better be off Mr. Okumura,” she voiced in a polite and gentle tone,”best not keep

my hubby waiting.” He quietly stood up and followed her nonchalantly, “I didn’t get your name

miss, would you care to give it,” he asked. “Chi,” she answered pleasantly, “and my husband is

Koh. We’re here to save you from the things that possessed those three men that were sitting two

tables down.” He’d noticed the men but never gave them a second thought, “How strange,” he

As they were heading to the back, Rin thought he saw something in the corner of his eye,

he turned around to see the three men leaving. “Those men are leaving Chi,” Rin mentioned. Chi

glanced and just in time to see the last leaving, he gave an evil sneer as the door closed. “We

have to hurry or it’ll be too late to save this city,” she warned Rin. They were practically running

into the back of the restaurant.

“Hello there boy,” Mr. Wong greeted Rin with a thick Chinese accent, “I am Koh Wong,

and you’ve already met my Chi.” Koh gave his wife a hug as Rin sat down and braced himself

for what he’d just stumbled into. “ Why did you want to see me Mr. Wong? I’m just a normal

person here for my school’s extra classes,” Rin asked. “You are far from normal kid, your father

was a very famous, very accomplished alchemist

and needed no circle to transmute materials. He even specialized in all forms of alchemy from

biological to weapons.”

“Holy cow,” Rin exclaimed, “Are the abilities genetic?” “In your case, yes, that’s why

you’re being targeted by your father’s enemies and soiled relations,” Koh explained. “That is

why we need to tr­­,” as Koh was talking, something interrupted his thoughts. “What is it

honey,” Chi asked, her face paling at the new screams from the front. “We need to leave, Rin,

Chi, out the back door, NOW!” They all ran out to the buggy waiting on them to Koh’s request.

“We must leave the city before they find you Rin, you are our only hope to restore balance to the ether

,” Koh, Chi, and Rin drive off out of the city to train for his destiny.

he earned the nickname the Crimson Alchemist

I have used the name of the main character from a very popular anime,(Ao no Exorcist). But is not meant to be a story tie, they are similar in name only.