Living My Nightmare | Teen Ink

Living My Nightmare

By Kristina964 BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kristina964 BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I sit on a park bench, I notice the street sign says ‘King Street’. Every step I take feels unreal. I try to sit down, but then I see a faint light in the distance. Then I see it coming directly toward me. My first instinct is to run, but I see no one else running. It seems as no one else notices the comet falling full speed down right on to King Street. There’s not only a comet, but a plane. The plane charges right at the building. Please don’t be real, Please don’t be real, I plead to myself. I hide under the tree, panting. I hear the plane engine roaring. I close my eyes, I try to open them again but all I see is darkness.

Another dream in the UK. All my dreams have taken place in the United Kingdom for the past few weeks.

Why did I have to take a trip here?

I get up and search for the TV remote, I get frustrated looking for it so I just get up and turn on the TV. I flip through a few channels until I find something that catches my attention.

I see a red warning flashing on the screen, “Plane crash in London, United Kingdom.” I read aloud.

I just had a dream about that the other night. I pinch myself, what if i’m dreaming? I pinch myself a few more times until I realize it isn't a dream, it must be a coincidence. I’m just paranoid, it can’t be anything.

My eyes are heavy and it’s 3:01 AM. Last night I woke up at 3:00 AM, then the other night I woke up at 2:59 AM after having the strange nightmares. I fall into a deep sleep, hoping I wouldn't be put into the place I hate most, my nightmares.

I wake up, how could I know what is reality? Maybe everything is just a dream.
I hear the phone ring, I pick it up and almost instantly I hear my mother on the other end scream.

“ARE YOU OKAY DARLING? OH DEAR, I HEARD ABOUT THE PLANE CRASH, ARE YOU HURT?!” My mothers voice over whelming me.

“Hello? I’m great mom, please calm down. My trip is great.” I say.

“I’m so sorry for calling so early, did I wake you?” She say’s in a worried tone.

“No it’s ok mom, I was just about to get up.”

“Call again please, I get so worried when you're away from home.”

I get a few more worried phone calls from family and friends.

That dream was no coincidence, I have to warn people the next time I get a psychotic dream like that. Am I turning into a psycho, or am I turning into a psychotic?

If the there was a plane crash on King Street, the comet must soon arrive too. I need to warn the innocent people.

I dial the police, before the man on the other end could talk I start telling him about everything. My dreams and the incident, I must sound crazy to him.

“Ma’am, calm down please, have you taken any medication this week?” The man on the other line says.

Yep. He definitely thinks I’m psychotic. I hang up, great, now anyone I try to explain my dreams to will refuse to believe me and send me to a psycho house.

I strangle for air, realizing I’m awake. It was all just a dream. I’m not a psycho, or a psychotic.