Some Things I Want To Do By the Time I Finish High-School | Teen Ink

Some Things I Want To Do By the Time I Finish High-School

June 4, 2014
By Charde BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Charde BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

There are quite a few things I want to do by the time i end high school, But what I want to do for sure is travel around the world. My first stop would be South Africa. The reason I would like to go there is for the adventure! Other than seeking adventures I would like to go make new discoveries, Experiences and memories.

Owing to the fact that I have an obsession of food, I am definitely going to take advantage. So while I’m in South Africa I plan on stopping to many different restaurants that you could never find here in America. I won’t be stopping in just any type of restaurants; I want to go somewhere that has food that I have never even heard of. To be specific I want to go to a restaurant that has Koeksisters, Boerewoes, and Pap.

After my tasteful delights, now let’s get to the great discoveries! My first discovery will being going to the safari. Here I’ll get to see the environment and life habits the animals of Africa have. My Second discovery would be to take a river cruise. On this cruise we will be seeing many different animals, such as hippopotamus and crocodiles.

The very last thing that I’ll be doing is totally different from the previous. They are different because the other experiences were only benefiting me, but for this cause it'll be benefiting hundreds. I will be volunteering at Volunteer Southern Africa. In this program you will have the opportunity to feed cubs of any type, feed the big cats, walk with cheetahs, make the food for the “big” cubs, clean the cages and sanctuaries (The best part!) and much more. The reason i want to volunteer here is because I have loved animals for the longest, I can't even imagine. By having this experience to work with animals from Africa will be an honor. If I actually got the chance to do all of these things, it would be a dream come true!


The author's comments:
This piece is about my personal life and what I would like to accomplish by the time I finish high-school