Feedback on Stalker | Teen Ink

Feedback on Stalker

By ayabx SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
ayabx SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

"The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will finally know peace."

Julia Cardy's "Stalker" was an amazing and intriguing piece. The author did a great job of capturing the readers' attention right from the beginning. It is about a girl who has a habit of staring at people and watching them. However, she does not classify herself as a stalker. Her mom has sent her to countless therapists, doctors, etc. She's not your typical teenage girl. Boys don't fall at her feet. She's "invisible" to almost everybody. But when a gorgeous boy steps onto the elevator, Zoé gets excited and nervous, seeing as she probably has never been near a cute boy. For what seems to go on for weeks, they see each other on the elevator every Tuesday. One day, he finally talks to her. It was a very interesting story that I enjoyed reading.
     I always find myself staring at people, wondering where they came from or what their story is. It's not a habit of mine. I mostly do it when I'm bored. I feel that I can't really relate to this story as much as others might, but I still took a liking to it. "Unattainable, I thought, beautiful boys don't go for physcho girls." I really loved this line, because I felt that it was unique in a way. For a second, I was sorry for the narrator, because I got insight on what she was really thinking. Also, in the author's note, it was supposed to be a short story where every sentence started with a letter from the alphabet. I thought she pulled it off! It was also a great prompt for those reading.