Feedback on Stalker | Teen Ink

Feedback on Stalker

January 12, 2015
By ayabx SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
ayabx SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will finally know peace."


Julia Cardy's "Stalker" was an amazing and intriguing piece. The author did a great job of capturing the readers' attention right from the beginning. It is about a girl who has a habit of staring at people and watching them. However, she does not classify herself as a stalker. Her mom has sent her to countless therapists, doctors, etc. She's not your typical teenage girl. Boys don't fall at her feet. She's "invisible" to almost everybody. But when a gorgeous boy steps onto the elevator, Zoé gets excited and nervous, seeing as she probably has never been near a cute boy. For what seems to go on for weeks, they see each other on the elevator every Tuesday. One day, he finally talks to her. It was a very interesting story that I enjoyed reading.
     I always find myself staring at people, wondering where they came from or what their story is. It's not a habit of mine. I mostly do it when I'm bored. I feel that I can't really relate to this story as much as others might, but I still took a liking to it. "Unattainable, I thought, beautiful boys don't go for physcho girls." I really loved this line, because I felt that it was unique in a way. For a second, I was sorry for the narrator, because I got insight on what she was really thinking. Also, in the author's note, it was supposed to be a short story where every sentence started with a letter from the alphabet. I thought she pulled it off! It was also a great prompt for those reading.