Feedback on "Your Perfect Daughter" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Your Perfect Daughter"

By partulla-magenta SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
partulla-magenta SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

"Nah."

"Your Perfect Daughter" by Rachiel Daniel can truly show how ignorant people can be sometimes. It gives us a reality check to close-minded people, and it really does a good job at making us sympathise with the narrator. This passage is about a girl who confesses to her mother her sexual orientation. This results in her mother's rejection, and the narrator wanting to just be accepted by her again. The way the author wrote this piece was poetic and easy to read, and it's truly emotionally written. You coud tell the author put her heart into this piece, and she really did feel sorrow from her mother's denial.
     I really did enjoy reading this piece. It's well written, and it can get readers to have sympathy for the narrator and utter annoyance from the mother. If a writer can do both things, then it shows that they know what they're writing about. The poetic undertones of the narrator's support for lgbt rights will get the readers cheering them on as well, fighting for the right to like who they like, as it should be.
     Overall, I thoroughly liked the narrator's thoughts on her mother's rejection. The narrator's reaction really shows how defending she is of homosexuals. For those against gay rights, the narrator can perfectly describe them just through an ignorant mother. "It must be a phase. God, let it be a phase". I will always enjoy reading this piece, and I will continue to wave the rainbow flag with the narrator.