Feedback on "In the Lonely Hour" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "In the Lonely Hour"

By ayah52001 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
ayah52001 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality."
--Edgar Allan Poe

Aima Anwar’s “In the Lonely Hour” music review is remarkably written.  Her well-executed descriptions and sophisticated word choice made this review one of the best.  She clearly portrays the music album in an eloquent manner, mentioning both big and small details.  Aima specifies on more than just the songs in Sam Smith’s album, but also outlines the emotional impact, lyrical meaning, as well as her own opinions on how the songs were constructed.
     She starts off her review by complimenting Sam Smith’s voice and then moves on to discuss most of the songs in the album, “In the Lonely Hour,” and their strengths.  Aima doesn’t limit herself to writing a sugar-coated review.  Instead, she is honest with her readers and mentions the downfalls of the album as well.  She opened my eyes to a new perspective in the music world with her accurate and expressive writing.  The lines, “Smith hits each note effortlessly; the control and power he has over his voice is amazing, considering how many other artists of the same genre cannot perform live without vocal difficulties,” undoubtedly displays the amount of speculation and effort put into her review.  In summary, Aima Anwar did an amazing job capturing every great aspect of Sam SMith’s album, “In the Lonely Hour.”