Feedback on "A Pound Does Not a Person Make" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "A Pound Does Not a Person Make"

By partulla-magenta SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
partulla-magenta SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

"Nah."

"A Pound Does Not a Person Make" by Tristan Poindexter accurately demonstrates the insecurities a girl may feel about her weight. It's so well done that it truly depicts what I believe every girl with "fat issues" have been trying to say all this time. I thank the author for being able to write something I can really relate to and can emotionally agree with.

This article is about the every day struggles a girl faces because of her "weight." She tries her best to buy a dress at a store that doesn't sell her size, she tries to eat in public without looking like a pig, and other situations that just seem to go against her. The author then discusses her feelings aout having to be subjected to endless torment, all because she's "bigger than some of the other girls." She even tells the story of the first time she was harassed in front of a class. It's well written, and it does a good job at being able to make us sympathise with the situation, whether it happened to us or not.

"I knew what it meant to be overweight: everyone believes you're a slob, a glutton, a compulsive eater." Even if such a specific situation may not have ever happened to someone, they will still be able to relate to being prejudiced fo being different from the norm, for being someone who just couldn't fit in, for whatever reason. I hope this article can show the truth to everyone, and I think it can really change the minds of even the bullies who don't know what it's like to have to go through all this.