Walking the Halls with Cancer | Teen Ink

Walking the Halls with Cancer

By agoller.2017 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
agoller.2017 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

Cancer is a terrible disease that affects people all over the world including Pia Phillips. Her story was written by Eva Berezovsky, “Walking the Halls with Cancer.” Pia discovered she had cancer in her freshman year of high school, when life starts changing. She felt a bump on her neck and didn’t think anything of it until she found out it was cancer.

Pia’s cancer was curable, but still to hear the word cancer could scare anyone. Her struggle with treatment, chemo, and fear was all too real for her. When Pia went back to school and she worried that she would be treated like the poor cancer girl that everyone saw her as. She preserved through it all and had a positive attitude towards everything. This proves that with difficult challenges that we all face. With friends, family, and positive outlooks we can fight anything and Pia’s story is a strong example.

on Dec. 31 2015 at 12:18 am
evaberezovsky SILVER, MINNETONKA, Minnesota
Great synthesis of my article! I am so grateful for the audience I have received, yourself included, and want to thank you for responding to it as well. :)