Writing an Essay an Hour Before It's Due | Teen Ink

Writing an Essay an Hour Before It's Due

By Livana BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Livana BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

Reading the article "Writing an Esay an Hour Before It's Due" by Zoe M. made me realize that sometimes students procasinate in order create an essay or writing with more creativity, or having less time sometimes allows them to have a greater understanding in what is important and what is not. I can relate to Zoe's statement that procrasination is where one gets the "most creative ideas" having their brain come up with different points one may have not thought of while writing days before their paper is due. While one procrasinates its not about lazyness but being distracted by the thought of having enough time to complete something with enough information that allows them to have a passing grade. Even though some may have mastered the skill to procrasinate to others it may result in "unnecessary stress" as well as failure in completing an assignment correctly. I personally have not mastered the skill of procrastination that Zoe has. By procrasinating it gives me stress and sometimes taking away my chance of understanding something so simple. Time is a student's main enemy it gives them a sense of desperation of having time taken away to quickly. By reading this article Zoe Mathews allowed me to notice that sometimes procrasination is not for all people one of those people being me.