Butterfly Effect | Teen Ink

Butterfly Effect MAG

“Thank you for your application. We would like to congratulate you,” the letter read. Those words can make your heart skip a beat and bring tears to your eyes. The feeling of following your dreams is inexplicable and proof that all your hard work was worth it.

It is a signpost in life, a trail marker. It is a day you will never forget, the day you opened that envelope and your future was revealed. But what about all those days in-between, the ones that make and break you, the days that fly by, the days that are nothing special - the days you forget.

Would you have received that acceptance letter had you not attended the college fair at your school, which you used as a way to skip class? What if you had forgotten to send an essay with your application, would you have been rejected?

In life, one step creates the next. Each day is of equal importance, no matter how good or bad. Your choices are crucial, each door opening three more. What if you had chosen door number one instead of two? Would your opportunities have been as grand?

There is no moment in life that does not matter. Regardless of how insignificant, each choice, each day, each idea, is the birth of the next. Something simple can completely reshape your life. It’s an intricate labyrinth, and you never know what is at the end. To go back in time and change one moment in the many that create your life could change everything that follows.

If I’ve learned anything, it is that everything matters. You can struggle through life in an attempt to create the perfect path, but the truth is you will always wonder if it could have been better. Everything is important and nothing need be changed - the climb up the hill may be difficult, but you’ll reach the top no matter which path you choose.

Made me think of all of the choices i have made and will be making. A bad choice can change my future

i was excited about doing a projexct on animals of antartica with my group in london. So what i did was first i had to get some research on them by getting the food chain of every animal, then i had to get pictures of each one so people would see what they looked like, while my group made the background with shoe boxes and some blue tissue paper. Finally when we presented we got top marks for the effort and the teamwork. If only i did the research then we would have gotten half points because everyone had to produce something either way or we would fail. So what would happen is the teacher would be mad that only i did the work and only grade me, but the resst of my team would get nothing.

rheame said...
on Oct. 27 2013 at 5:21 am
rheame, Anand, Other

turn a mess into a lesson

a test into testimony

a trial into triumph
and a victim into champion

nice and vey unique thoughts

ElizNieves PLATINUM, Chicago, Illinois

"It's funny. Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody." The Catcher in the Rye

Good work! I like this article alot; though I really enjoyed the idea of skipping class, too, I found the colleges that came did not meet my criteria. Bummer.... I guess that's what I get!

krysten SILVER said...
krysten SILVER, Weiser, Idaho

Smile now or smile later, but remember the pain you hide, will only grow greater.
*krysten*

i went to a college fair at my school just to skip class and i got talked into joining the military. hmmm maybe thats the whole concept of a college fair, they know students will go just to skip class and they end up talking kids into things. lol thats funny congrats

tasharocks said...
on Dec. 19 2008 at 10:18 am
that was great too read it made me think about the choices i choose each day and where they could lead me

fanfan said...
on Nov. 7 2008 at 3:09 am
Loved the title, and the piece. Butterfly effect refers to chaos theory I presume?