Does Our Generation Have a Role in America's Future? | Teen Ink

Does Our Generation Have a Role in America's Future?

By gabee_p SILVER, MOUNTAIN HOME, Arkansas
gabee_p SILVER, MOUNTAIN HOME, Arkansas

I have a voice in America’s future. I have a constant job in America’s growing economy, a role in America’s future. I am the stock market growing or falling with the rise and decline approaching us. I am the pedestrian walking the streets of New York City. I am the future president of the United States. I am the keeper of our prisoners, the helper of the needy. I am America, and this is my role in her future. As a soldier of war I am the savior of our cities. I am the hard worker building the future to a better demand. Safer communities and safer streets meet me here. As we build up our future gets brighter. We are the next generation of growing mothers and fathers cradling our babies, protecting their innocence. I am the hope growing, continuing forward, to a more advanced future. I am the world peace with the other countries. I am the future. I am the boaters cleaning the ocean, the dangers of disease, the help for a cure, the love of a life. This is America and I am her future. From the time we were kids to the time we were in college we grew up believing and even seeing we are America’s students. I am her follower to a greener future, the planter of future life, the builder of bigger marketing, the broadened awakening of future problems waiting to be solved. I am the enforcer of the rules. I am the militia of our country. I am her savior. I am her helping hand when all we need is love. I am her warmth when she is cold. When America is in danger I will be there to save her. I am her savior and she is my home. I am the protection in the walls of her surroundings. I am the better supporters of security in homes. I am her helper. When all we need is breath I am her life support, the future reliability of modern medicine, the cause for a cure. This is America and this is my role in her future. This is my future.

i wanted to submit this in a competition buttt i ddn't meet the requirements.

msbilbo said...
on Aug. 26 2011 at 9:38 am
Great article- Love it!

gabee_pagni said...
on Jul. 14 2011 at 6:50 am
It techniqally was never finished....only because after I started I learned that I wldnt be able to use it..not to mention its supposed to be like 5 minutes wrong...I ddnt really care abt making it absolute if I cldmt use it...

on Jul. 13 2011 at 11:21 am
RandomInspiration GOLD, Schulenburg, Texas

Laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live <3

Rlly good thoughts and powerful ideas, but you should've had some kind of orthodox intro and conclusion, something to tie all the broken up ideas together

Bones96 BRONZE said...
Bones96 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina

Life isn't about finding yourself it's about creating yourself-

Very good! I loved it! Keep up the good work :)

darkangel09 GOLD, South Huntington, New York

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."-Voltaire

wow i could agree more to your essay here. nice job. sorry you couldnt use it though.

Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

oh, and I know that I had a typo and spelled inspiring wrong. Oh well.

I loved it! Great job, and I loved how it was optimistic and telling us that we can make the future great. I have read several articles on here about how the world is going to come to an end someday so why bother trying to make the future good. It was nspiring and more people should look at things this way. :) Great job and congrats on getting it on the front page of the Teen Ink website.

gabee_p SILVER said...
gabee_p SILVER, MOUNTAIN HOME, Arkansas
Well this essay was suppOsed to be a timed sPeeCH AND IN MY ORIGINAL BERSIONVERSION I THREW FRENCH AND SPANISH IN IT....THE REASON I CHOSE TO SAY FUTURE SO MANY TIMES IS BECAUSE I MEANT TO GET THE POINT OUT THERE THAT WE R THE FUTURE... FUR REALZ LOL

on Dec. 27 2010 at 5:38 am
theMidnightSonnet BRONZE, Colton, California

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot
The world forgetting by the world forgot
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd"

Stunning. I apologize for it not meeting certain requirements, but i felt that you posting it on a teen writing site was very appropriate. It left an echoing impact on me,and I assume many others. Well done.

dylanlalala GOLD, Colchester, Vermont

"How vain is it to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live?" - Henry David Thoreau

Well, I think this is great! You should good insight through your writing. However, I think you overused the word "future" too much. Or rather, the phrase "America's future". For example, in the first two sentences you used it twice. Other than that, I think the writing is beautiful, though a bit confusing at time. Good work!

Phoenixx GOLD said...
Phoenixx GOLD, Toronto, Other
It sounds like more of a speech then an essay to me. I'm not sure if you were aiming for speech or essay :P 

springdance BRONZE, Hebron, New Hampshire

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
Albert Einstein

I think my friend entered the competition you're talking about. Your essay is good, it really describes how we are the future of the world.

oasisgrace said...
Even though I don't consider myself "patriotic," your essay helped me hear what it might be like to feel that. Very inspiring. Thank you.

Fjcruiser said...
on Nov. 13 2010 at 8:32 am
I am not good at writing patriotic essays because mine always sound cheesy, so I think this essay is great. Impressed.

on Nov. 13 2010 at 7:20 am
i kinda agree with the rose bud girl. i liked it but you didnt go very deep i mean i really liked it though

gabee_p SILVER said...
gabee_p SILVER, MOUNTAIN HOME, Arkansas
sorry to butt in.....its not poetry btw...i wrote it this way for a reason...not quite the time it was supposed to be therefore this peice has never been finished...thanx for liking it but thats all i needed to hear

gabee_p SILVER said...
gabee_p SILVER, MOUNTAIN HOME, Arkansas
copy it!!! win!!! maybe someone can have better luck than me :( lol

MT2010 said...
so you just said that the author repeated themselves but you also did by saying "we are" like 3 times in a row and by the way i thought it was beautiful

ROSEBUD said...
No, that is not the point. I, myself am applying for this scholarship and they are not looking for poetry. They are looking for logic. Yes, we are the future but how? explain in death. Although beautiful, this piece of work only touches the very surfes of why our generation is the future. We are so much more then a steel men or the very president we are kindness we are integrity we are family and togeatherness. What will our future look like if these very simple aspects of life were lost.

Chickenbutt said...
on Oct. 25 2010 at 10:01 am

HAHAHAHA!! this is not the McDonalds Blog website :P....

ASHTON IS MINE!!!!!!!! >:( ...Wait; Ashton Kutcher??