What Freedom Means to Me | Teen Ink

What Freedom Means to Me

March 18, 2016
By clairel GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
clairel GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
17 articles 0 photos 0 comments

From eye to eye, freedom is a picture and in each set of eyes. The picture is unique and different. Red, white, and blue rein over our image and allows our images to become moving films in our days within the week.
Sunday morning church and brunch. The eager wait for the football party as the neighbors cheer on the hometown team.


Monday morning school prep. The slumps set in as the weekend closes. Students play games at recess.
A Tuesday evening comedy movie with popcorn. Movie-goers laugh so hard they gasp for air.


Wednesday family game night. Scrabble is the game of choice while sharing stories of recent events.
Thursday evening baseball in the yard. Soaking up the sunlight. Running in the green grass.


Friday jitters School lets out for the weekend. Friends having a sleepover, staying up past bedtime.


A Saturday picnic in the park that follows a hike through the trails. Playing carefree on the playground.


These are a few of many pictures, but without the men and women who serve this country, our pictures would not be reality.