Teen essays on what matters and core values | Teen Ink

What Matters

Most discussed What Matters Articles

Hot Topics
comments

November seems as if it was too long ago to remember. I never thought it would be May, but that is the current month. Junior year in high school could not have gone by faster....

Sadhvi Dash SILVER, Hyderabad, Other
Hot Topics
Zesty_Leone_7 BRONZE, Plano, Texas

yo

Hot Topics
By LOST_LOV3_12 SILVER
North Zulch, Texas
LOST_LOV3_12 SILVER, North Zulch, Texas

"Don't let the world get to you. if you do, you're in for a world of pain and despair."

Hot Topics
By Anna Schwab BRONZE
Orcutt, California
Anna Schwab BRONZE, Orcutt, California
Hot Topics
YoungBling BRONZE, Calabar, Other

Giving up is not an option

ScreenName2014 GOLD, West Chester, Ohio

Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone. And do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering. - Ida Scott Taylor

Hot Topics
By Abby W BRONZE
Little Silver, New Jersey
Abby W BRONZE, Little Silver, New Jersey
Hot Topics
By KaiLeena PLATINUM
Fort Wayne, Indiana
KaiLeena PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana

"He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you."
— Bob Marley

Hot Topics
Verdi BRONZE, CINCINNATI, Ohio

"Beauty is everywhere."