Teen essays on what matters and core values | Teen Ink

What Matters

Most discussed What Matters Articles

Hot Topics
comments

Dear Anna, I know that you don’t and won’t understand, but I am scared for you. Please just tell me what is wrong and tell me how I can help. Isn’t that wh...

RenaShang BRONZE, Vancouver, Columbia
Hot Topics
JacQueline481309 BRONZE, Hemet, California
Hot Topics
Hot Topics
By JAy2T00DASHiNG BRONZE
San Jacinto, California
JAy2T00DASHiNG BRONZE, San Jacinto, California

I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Hot Topics
By afterglow SILVER
Griffith, Indiana
afterglow SILVER, Griffith, Indiana

"When you see a mountain do you see a challenge, or a change of heart?"- me, 2010

Tchung BRONZE, Ho Chi Minh, Other
goldenanthems SILVER, Somerset, New Jersey

"There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open hearted vision of people who embrace life." - John Lennon

Hot Topics
By erinmwhitten BRONZE
Revere, Massachusetts
erinmwhitten BRONZE, Revere, Massachusetts

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.