Crime | Teen Ink

Crime MAG

Crime is a major problem in the United States. When reading a newspaper or watching TV, it is impossible not to hear about some murder, robbery or violent act. There are many different ideas on how to solve the crime problem. Here are a few of mine.

One is to have stiffer punishment for all criminals. With early parole, many criminals are only serving part of their sentences, and then going back out on the streets. This negates the purpose of prison. If a criminal is given a five-year sentence, he should serve five years and not be allowed out ahead of time for so-called good behavior. A prisoner's good behavior in prison should not matter. After all, it was his bad behavior that got him in prison in the first place. Criminals shoudl also be given lengthier prison terms, and in the case of murder, should have to face the possibility of the death penalty. With no chance of early release, longer prison terms, and the death penalty, potential criminals might think twice about committing a crime.

Another solution is to increase the size of the police force and other law enforcement agencies. The local, state, and federal governments should spend more on police forces. With a larger police force, the community would feel a greater sense of security, and possible law breakers might not commit a crime because of the increased fear of being caught.

Last, teaching teenagers and younger children the consequences of committing a crime and the dead-end life that goes with it would prevent some future ciminals from ruining their lives. By having police officers coming into schools and talk to kids, as well as taking children to jails to see what happens when they turn to crime, children may see that crime does not pay. The results of this solution might now be evidenced quickly, but time would show its success.

These are just a few of the many possible solutions to controlling the crime problem. By following these ideas, the number of crimes would go down, and, then maybe it would be safe for everyone, no matter where they live, to walk through their neighborhood. ?

i love this so much!

on Aug. 20 2017 at 9:58 am
wow perfect.

negative187 said...
on Dec. 2 2008 at 5:22 pm
people who go to jail only make 20-30 desisions a day then when they get out they are making 40-50 a min. with a longer sentence they couldn't survive outside jail.