Fuel | Teen Ink

Fuel

By Derek Starr BRONZE, Belliare, Ohio
Derek Starr BRONZE, Belliare, Ohio

The different kinds of fuel range from the cheapest, to the cleanest. Did you know that there are several different kinds of gas, and not all vehicles take the same gas? Most people know that there are three different kinds, the most expensive, to the cheapest.

Regular unleaded gas is the most common. Unleaded gas is sold everywhere, but it is bad for the environment. Unleaded gas is not that good for the engine as well as diesel.

Diesel is one of the worst for the environment and people’s health. Diesel, now is one of the most expensive kinds of gas, but can be replaced by biodiesel.

Biodiesel is used cooking oil refined for gas. You can get used cooking oil from restaurants and refine it yourself. Your vehicle can be transformed to use biodiesel by a couple of small changes to the engine.

Ethanol is made from corn, which is cleaner for the environment, engine, and health. Ethanol is easier to make and we can just grow more corn to make more. Some vehicles don’t use ethanol, which is listed, in the manual or on the gas cap.

My opinion on choosing fuel, is trying to get the cheapest and the cleanest.