Shut Your Ignorant Mouth! | Teen Ink

Shut Your Ignorant Mouth!

By xxMUTTxx BRONZE, Salem, Oregon
xxMUTTxx BRONZE, Salem, Oregon

I have lived with my biological mom and her lesbian partner pretty much since i was born, and I have decided that people who use being gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender as an insult are completely ignorant. Being gay, lesbian, or bisexual isn't a choice, it's a way a person is born so it isn't a sin (for those of you who think so) so shut up! It's who you are. A person cannot change who they are meant to be and NO ONE should be allowed to EVER say otherwise!!! People don't understand the crap they have to put up with and they don't have to live with the criticism, harassment or fear these people have to put up with every day they are alive! People need to walk a mile in their shoes and learn a bit more about the people they hurt because of their idiocy and fear. "Black people were denied rights but gays are denied a piece of paper. Tell me where the equality is in that!" America stands for freedom. For our religious beliefs, our privacy, and our speech. Where is the freedom for the people everyone forgets? The people who put up with your ignorance day after day because they just want to be who they are and we don't allow them to be. I think anyone who bashes on gays and hates anyone who is different sucks and should get to know people who are. They aren't bad people. They aren't the Devil's children. The devil was created by all of us and it only came about because Christians needed someone or something to blame for THEIR mistakes and sins against God. This also goes for the "Anti-Gay Marriage" crusaders. Love should never be based on someone's anatomy.Why can't we let people be who they are and not belittle and degrade them for that? We as human beings are all screw ups and we make mistakes. If we start to fix that now though it'll help our future generations and make this place an incredible place to live. No one should be allowed to deny these people their rights. Not the community, nor the church, nor the state. It's beyond me, why you bible-thumpers have to believe in someone who belittles your life and degrades you as humans. So, my last question is, why do we push and do that to those whom are different?

on Aug. 6 2011 at 8:39 am
shapeshifter56 GOLD, Cave Creek, Arizona

"Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain."
--Unknown Author

Very nicely written! You have a very good point, and it gets across very well.

quinn henley said...
I like you perspective and agree. Check out amanda Vanderpoel on here, she's for tolerance and acceptance for diversity... spoke out on religion