The Sisters Grimm, Book One: Fairy Tale Detectives Review | Teen Ink

The Sisters Grimm, Book One: Fairy Tale Detectives Review

Overall the book, “The Sisters Grimm, Book One: Fairy Tale Detectives”, is great. This book is a mystery and fantasy novel. Michael Buckley brings a modern twist to fairy tales. Unlike most fairy tales though in this book, the Grimm family runs around town solving all the mysteries that involve Everafters. The Everafters are fairy tale characters that disguise themselves as ordinary people so that they’re able to live among humans. This book has a modern setting although the book is based on stories created in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. This book also teaches us that many of the things we thought happened in classic fairy tales didn’t really happen. For instance, Pinocchio wasn’t swallowed by a whale but eaten by a shark.

With each turn of the page the book, “The Sisters Grimm, Book One: Fairy Tale Detectives”, kept me wanting more. If you’re reading this review and you’ve already read the book I encourage you to read the second one. For those who haven’t read the book yet I urge you to go to the library and check it out. I recommend girls ages 10 to 13 read this book and all fairy tale lovers. Almost every chapter of the book contains a picture which brings the story to life. In conclusion I would give the book, “The Sisters Grimm, Book One: Fairy Tale Detectives”, 5 out of 5 stars.