Angst To the Food Chain | Teen Ink

Angst To the Food Chain

By EmilyPaige PLATINUM, Morris Plains, New Jersey
EmilyPaige PLATINUM, Morris Plains, New Jersey

I guess this can be considered a pride and prejudice issue- because that is all this is. No, I am not popular. I am VERY low on the food chain and only have five of the greatest BEST friends a girl could ask for. I am not like every other girl, aspiring to reach the top of the food chain. No, why would I want to be at the top when I hate EVERY SINGLE PERSON AT THE TOP?
First off, there is one major problem with the Middle School judgement of where you are placed on the pyramid. In this damned school, it seems like you have to wear four pounds of eye makeup to be popular. I mean, I can't really blame them- what else would weigh down thier gigantic ego?
You also have to wear clothes that are (OBVIOUSLY) s***ty, but you must aslo fly under the radar of all the teachers so you don't get caught. When you are in gym class, it seem the standard appropriate attire for the top is a torso killing top and near brief-like shorts. Some how, they manage NOT to get detention as the dress code dictates they should.
Finally, I HATE THIER DAMN EGO'S!!! I am just always wondering how they aren't constantly falling from the weights of thier heads. If they were half as intellegent as they were egotistical, we would have a LOT of geniuses running around.
I am writing this under pride and prejudice because they are WAY to proud about themselves- in reality, they have NOTHING to be proud about. They are also prejudice aboout anyone with a sensible mind. I know a lot of you out there must feel the same way. Don't be ashamed about it, there are so many people who are thinking the exact same thing. I am just one of those few that aren't afraid to speak thier mind.

GreenDayFan SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

"Every story has an end, but in life, every ending is just a new beginning."
-Uptown Girls

this is true, great article!!!

pinksage33 BRONZE, Woodstock, New York
this is a great article. Good for you for having your own mind. Here is another good pice of wrighting you should look at. TeenInk.com/raw/Pride/article/117536/The-Way-People-Treat-Me/