Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

The Buzz About Twilight

By Molly G, Short Hills, NJ

I'd like to address to buzz about Twilight with my sincere opinion.
I find the book and movie disgusting, bland, and not at all to my interest. Apparently, no one in America seems to agree with me.

I've recently found that the popularity rate of Twilight raised a great deal AFTER the movie came out in 2008. Strange, because I thought every one loved the book series. Evidently, after the movie, with the "hot" Robert Pattinson, I believe that teens and tweens felt dedicated to read this book for the sake of good ol' Rob, and to join their friends to feel a comfortable sense, fitting in. Their pure attraction to the style and look of the movie lead to the true discovery of the series, and so forth, book sales sky rocketed.
For some reason, I think Twilight readers only read the books and viewed the movie because it seemed, and still does, "cool" and new.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
Your not alone. I don't like it either :)
Mar. 05, 2013 at 10:22 AM • Report
okay, i very much respect your opinion, assuming that you both read and watched the saga, however, I must disagree. I am not a person that follows the pack- actually, I try my hardest to stay away from the pack because I have the exact same view on conformity and what ever. I didn't read twilight until after the third movie came out(not ever seeing the movies) because I thought it was a stupid fad, and even then I only read it because i was bored and had already read all of the *sophisticated* books on my shelf(for the record, twilight is nowhere near a thousand pages and it would be quite an accomplishment to read that long of a book in a week). I hate twilight because it is a fad, yet I very much respect how much success it has had despite what I think is a rather stupid story. believe it or not, twilight hits on the fantasies and hearts and ideals of its audience, and while this could make it seem shallow to some, it has done much better than other books which might be, yes, *better*. I think that the movies do about as well as they could with such a difficut book to recreate on screen. Also, I would give more credit to the modern teen( or whoever else is watching twilight). We can make our own decisions and it's unfair to assume that we can't. All of this being said, i do agree with you. I also, more prominently, don't though.
Jan. 03, 2013 at 2:42 PM • Report