London | Teen Ink

London

By Esther BRONZE, London, Other
Esther BRONZE, London, Other

I wake up every morning and I see the bright blue sky, I hear the birds singing beautifully and recognise the great community filled with multi-cultural people.
You'd think that life in London would be great. Having Buckingham Palace a few bus stops away, nice tourist attractions and having lots of things to do. You couldn't be more wrong.
Behind the hardworking lifestyle in London and behind the cheerful people whistling merrily on their way to work, lies an ugly truth.
Some call it 'Gun/knife crime', others call it "Black on Black crime". Call it whatever but it's affecting London and giving all teenagers in London a bad name.
Over 20 teenagers were killed in 2008 alone. 2009, 10 more have been killed.
It saddens me to know that London, the capital city of England, has turned into a city where guns and knives are taking over and it seems as if no one can stop it.

Cjkk said...
on Mar. 8 2011 at 6:13 pm
Simply curious because this is in the discrimination are, but do you agree with the black on black name. And wow i've never really thought of London that way, good of you to expose the not so pretty places of London, maybe by exposing it and working it will start to get better

Esther BRONZE said...
on Dec. 2 2009 at 12:03 pm
Esther BRONZE, London, Other
Thanks for commenting! & I know! To everyone else, London is great. The gun/knife crime over here is just ridiculous

on Dec. 1 2009 at 6:29 pm
This article was eye-opening. I visited London this January and could only pay attention to the amazing sights; I had no idea that such crime was so prevalent!