Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

It Just Happened

By Anonymous, Meadville, PA

The date was April second. April second was the day her life changed. April second was the day my life changed. She found out she had Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.

The first day of my junior year of high school I had AP Chemistry first and second period. All I could think when I walked into the lab was how am I going to stay awake? I saw the teacher standing by the door and walked over to her.
“Name?” She asked with an annoyed tone.
“James.” I said.
“James do you have a last name?”
“Bond.”
“I’m not kidding. Give me your last name.”
“I’m not kidding. My name is James Bond and it should be the second or third from the top.”
It took her a moment to check the list and check off my name.

Page 1 of 18

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

60 comment(s)
skyebrenna
deep asf :(
Sep. 23, 2016 at 11:55 AM • Report
M.Dagher
This is such a beautiful story! I love it! I was so sad when I found out that Emma died! This is a great article! Keep writing!
Feb. 06, 2016 at 3:52 PM • Report
TheDoctor15
Beautifully written
Nov. 06, 2015 at 7:23 PM • Report
MADDO
Its heart touching story...very sad yet amazing... well written... loved it....!!
Oct. 27, 2015 at 7:56 AM • Report
HuntShot732
This is an Amazing story. I think that you have lots of talent and should keep working. Just a reminder reread and edit a lot. Other than a few barely noticeable mistakes it was an amazing story!
Oct. 22, 2015 at 3:41 PM • Report
Kimm_G
It has a promising story line, and it's a very touching concept. To have an easy flow when being read, work on the structure of the story. Remember show don't tell. But really nice job
Dec. 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM • Report
MissEmilyDickinson
Wow. This is so sad, yet beautiful. It reminds of a book by Nicholas Sparks, "A Walk to Rememeber." It's so good. You have ushc a talent and greatness in you; and I hope you believe that. Thank you so muhc, for sharing this. 
Sep. 22, 2014 at 1:27 PM • Report
Everlasting_Love
Wow! Very well written and I felt as though I was there. It brought me to tears and I LOVE the emotion it made me feel! Keep Writing!
Sep. 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM • Report
raquelchats
I think the story was well written. However, I think the dialouge moved to quickly too keep up with the story. Great concept! I'd read this if it were a book. 
May. 12, 2014 at 1:06 AM • Report
Music_Is_Life_23
This had me in tears:( but it was a good story:)
Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:28 AM • Report
Close