Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

It Just Happened

By Anonymous, Meadville, PA

The date was April second. April second was the day her life changed. April second was the day my life changed. She found out she had Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.

The first day of my junior year of high school I had AP Chemistry first and second period. All I could think when I walked into the lab was how am I going to stay awake? I saw the teacher standing by the door and walked over to her.
“Name?” She asked with an annoyed tone.
“James.” I said.
“James do you have a last name?”
“I’m not kidding. Give me your last name.”
“I’m not kidding. My name is James Bond and it should be the second or third from the top.”
It took her a moment to check the list and check off my name.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

55 comment(s)
It has a promising story line, and it's a very touching concept. To have an easy flow when being read, work on the structure of the story. Remember show don't tell. But really nice job
Dec. 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM • Report
Wow. This is so sad, yet beautiful. It reminds of a book by Nicholas Sparks, "A Walk to Rememeber." It's so good. You have ushc a talent and greatness in you; and I hope you believe that. Thank you so muhc, for sharing this. 
Sep. 22, 2014 at 1:27 PM • Report
Wow! Very well written and I felt as though I was there. It brought me to tears and I LOVE the emotion it made me feel! Keep Writing!
Sep. 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM • Report
I think the story was well written. However, I think the dialouge moved to quickly too keep up with the story. Great concept! I'd read this if it were a book. 
May. 12, 2014 at 1:06 AM • Report
This had me in tears:( but it was a good story:)
Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:28 AM • Report
Awe, this was so good! it reminded me of A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks.
Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:07 PM • Report
This story was amazing. Reading it I started to cry. I loved it so much!! Beautiful story in every way possible.
Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:05 PM • Report
I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was such a beautiful story!!!!!!!!! Really sad... but beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:34 AM • Report
Clara K.
This is so BEUTIFUL
Jan. 06, 2014 at 1:17 AM • Report
Really good. James kind of took it matter of factly but still was sad to see her go. It makes you think though. Great piece!
Dec. 09, 2013 at 6:28 PM • Report