Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By E. Patrick C., New Castle, DE

Sean Covey has followed in his famous father’s footsteps (Stephen Covey is the author of many self-help books) and written the definitive success guide for teens, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. Today’s teens are busier and more stressed than ever before. With school, hours of homework, athletics, jobs, clubs, helping at home and more, we barely have time to breathe.

When I recently read about a teenager committing suicide because of stress over homework and another who shot his father due to pressure to succeed in athletics, I realized that more books for teenagers are needed.

The 7 Habits not only serves as a guide for teens to improve their self image, build friendships, resist peer pressure and achieve goals, but it offers hope. Reading it, you realize that though you may be struggling now, with hard work and a vision you can overcome any obstacle.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

5 comment(s)
Deej6595
Your review was short but, gave enough information for people to decide to read the book. I will definitely be looking for this in the library.
Nov. 26, 2013 at 5:37 PM • Report
SAAMAANTHAA
We just got this book a few weeks ago in homeroom classes and we're reading it at school :) It's been very interesting so far
Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:18 AM • Report
iChristie
I read this book in 7th grade, really helpful. : )
Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:02 PM • Report
LinkinPark12
I've actually read this book as a present from my parents for Christmas. It's not bad, got some good tips.
Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:34 AM • Report
ChobaniLuvinPenguin
I just began reading this book and had my doubts, but your wonderful review made me realize how beneficial this book could really be. Your review is well phrased and flows nicely, which makes it very persuasive and sophisticated. You also make it clear that many teenagers will benefit from the book just like you did. Awesome job!!!
Oct. 31, 2012 at 3:12 PM • Report
Close