Open Your Eyes | Teen Ink

Open Your Eyes

By sunshine.dez. GOLD, Hemet, California
sunshine.dez. GOLD, Hemet, California

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
"Its not what you look at that matters, what matters is how you see it."
"Maybe some women werent meant to be tamed. Maybe they are supposted to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with"

I wish you could see; see what we all see.

She lies to you. Not just every once and a while, all the time. You only see one side of her. I don’t know her well, and I see more than you do. You should see how she is when you’re gone. You think she’s being loyal and faithful to you, but that’s not what I see. That’s not what any of us see. We want to tell you, but how can we?

How are we supposed to tell you she isn’t who you think she is? We are friends now, and I want to look out for you. But is it my place to say anything? To tell you what I see? The way she talks to him like she talks to you, the way she touches his arm just like she touches yours. I wonder if she even uses the same lines she uses with you. I wouldn’t doubt it.

You deserve better. You deserve someone that isn’t going to play you like she does. I’ve heard her lies. I know what she was actually doing at camp that night when she said she was in bed. She almost cheated on you. You definitely don’t deserve that. Yet somehow she brings you back to her every time. It doesn’t make sense. I wish you could realize what she’s doing.

We were here before she was. We won’t lie, deceive, cheat, play, or use you. Now is the time to trust me, trust us. Let us tell you what we see- let me tell you what I see.

Now it’s time to open your eyes and see for yourself.

sunshine.dez. GOLD, Hemet, California

im glad that someone can relate to that experience! it was a horrible one...you should post yours! id be happy to read it! and ohh man, right? that book is amazinggg. :]

Lonleydandy said...
on Dec. 30 2009 at 10:42 am
Haha, I smiled after I read this because it is so similar to a situation I am in! [I also saw that you like Thirteen Reasons Why...my favorite book..hahaha] But your poem basically says exactally what I wanted to say. I wrote something just like this..just never got around to posting it. Love it!!!!!!!