Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Sunsets

Kaitlyn S., Auburn, AL By unwrittenloveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time., Auburn, AL

My dark blue eyes swept over the letter once again, checking for any signs of falseness. I paused at the word love. Tracing the block lettering, I realized that there are many ways to show love. Moving away wasn’t one of those reasons.

I glanced up onto the beach. One lone silhouette of a boy in his late teens stood at the water’s edge. I slowly walked up to him. Without making a sound I glanced up at his profile.

His shaggy brown hair fell in front of his eyes and his square jaw had a hint of stubble shadowing his mouth. He looked down at me and the corners of his mouth hitched up.

“I knew you would come.” His voice was hoarse as if he had been yelling all day. “You always do.” I reached for his hand and he took it, squeezing gently.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

1 comment(s)
Wordartist
Ohhhhhhhhh. Don't you hate when there is a fantasically good piece and then when you're caught up in the emotion of it; it ends. Then of course you have to reread it hoping magically the ending will change. Well this is one of those pieces, definelty!
Oct. 27, 2012 at 12:27 PM • Report
Close