Teen Pregnancy | Teen Ink

Teen Pregnancy

By jessie-w GOLD, Winnemucca, Nevada
jessie-w GOLD, Winnemucca, Nevada

To lose is inconceivable. Everyone wins in some way. You just have to push forward and leave the wreckage behind.

Could it be, It shouldn't be something so fragile and delicate moving inside. This skinny little body not yet ready to be stretched and expanded. This girl not yet ready to have one of god's miracles of life. I can barley take care of myself, how would it be with a child on the way. A man who who plead his innocense to the very end. He's on the football team and I just hang my head in the hateful school walls dreading the results. If it says yes I'll be giving up all my hopes and dreams, and maybe ruining his life. If it says no I don't know if I can stop thinking about what could have been. Just another teen pregnancy, another statistic, another failing mother just trying to get by. Although I had always heard about it, I never thought about it, or even contemplated that it might happen to me. I take another deep breath, sighing heavily and I head to class. No matter what, I will do what's right, and that's to live without regrets.

I'm in the middle of a huge scare where I have all the symtoms of someone who is pregnant and its by my ex-boyfriend and I'm not ready for what might happen.

on Nov. 22 2011 at 8:54 am
I think that teen pregnancy is okay. If you want to RUIN YOUR LIFE just to get a little fun, it's not worth it. I almost got my girl prego, and it scared us to death. It would of ruined my soccer career and her life.

on Sep. 17 2011 at 4:48 am
AyeshaMuzaffar BRONZE, Lahore, Other
Having a child is the most wonderful experience of life and no, it does not ruin anything and yes, I'm talking about becoming a mother at teenage.

on Apr. 22 2011 at 8:49 am
ashley1012 BRONZE, Glasgow, Kentucky

Come askin for it and you will get

i am sorry that you did not get to have a baby i know when you think you are going to have one and you really arent then it can be dpressing becuase my friend said they were going to hurt there self becuase they were not pregant

xdreamer123 BRONZE, Reader, West Virginia

Don't fall in love, fall off a bridge... It hurts less. </3

im so sorry.

americasnextfreak, Mills, Iowa
I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think. Just think you'll get to bring a human into the world. Your baby is going to grow up and be a beautiful person just like you! Don't think your life is over because its not! We all make mistakes. Small or big they are just the same. Your lifes not over it has just begun! Also remeber this is not you fault its his too. Find someone to help you through this if he won't! ~ To all the teen moms out there.

harvardsp2013 SILVER, Castleton, New York

What's meant to be will come to be

woww. that's really tooo bad. how is your life now, without having the baby and everything?

jessie-w GOLD said...
jessie-w GOLD, Winnemucca, Nevada

Thanks everybopdy for all the support

jessie-w GOLD said...
jessie-w GOLD, Winnemucca, Nevada

no he didn't. I did'nt blame him I mean he had football and wrestling and that kind of thing.

briennab BRONZE, Hopedale, Illinois
wow that was amazing....im sorry and im happy for you....im sorry that happened to you and the guy was such a jerk and that you got punched but im happy for you that you dont have to do something that your not ready for and you dont have to miss out on a lot of oppertunities

on Aug. 17 2010 at 10:35 am
magic-esi PLATINUM, Hyde Park, New York

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

Hope things turn out OK! Your essay makes it easy to sympathize with you... I'm sure all teen moms feel the same way. Again, hope that whatever happens, you're OK!

BasketballChick5, San Diego, California

:)Just Do It:) <3

I really liked this and they guy didnt want to child well then he is a jerrrk! Cause he's the one who did that to you!!!!

What's meant to be will come to be

That's so terrible. So he didn't want the baby?

jessie-w GOLD said...
jessie-w GOLD, Winnemucca, Nevada

yes I was but I bled out and I haven't told the guy because it's his step sister who punched me in the stomache so its still alittle painful and it's what he wanted.

What's meant to be will come to be

Your welcome. Did you find out if you're really having a baby?

jessie-w GOLD said...
jessie-w GOLD, Winnemucca, Nevada

thanks that really means alot to me

Pashia said...
Pashia, Appleton, Wisconsin

im a person you can count on. i am an outgoing girl who people want to talk to when theres trouble.. any kind of trouble. im just the girl whos next door!

im very sorry i no your are under alot of stress but thats ok. when that baby is born and you look into its eyes.. BOOM your so attach and in love with it. NO regrets!! it doesnt matter if even your getting fat or not ready for one but you no reality is here so now you got to let others come in life too.. good luck hun!!! ;)

What's meant to be will come to be

Right now I could say that I'm sorry for you. But you just wrote an amazing article with love, feeling and passion. I've never been in that situation before, but all I can say is this. Everything happens for a reason, and if you do become a teen mother, then god thought you were strong enough to handle it. You'll be a great mom and find a way to work it out. Stay positive with your chin up and nothing will hold you back from chasing your dreams, you just may need to find another way.

RiiNa BRONZE said...
on Oct. 22 2009 at 1:08 am
RiiNa BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

"Life's too short to be pissed off all the time." American HIstory X

u wud only be another statitstic if u let yourself be. honestly accidents happen. if u are pregnant that baby is a blessing from god. always remember that babys a life, not a mistake. getting pregnant at a young age may be an accident bt no human life is. my sister was 15 and she had a baby and she just turned 16. My nephew is 3 months and hes incredible. hes changed her life for the better. it will be hard if u are pregnant bt thats y u hav to be strong for ur baby and urself. i may not know u bt im here if u need sum1 to talk to! just keep ur head up!

cassandra_2011 PLATINUM, North Pole, Alaska

"Give in to love, or live in fear."

wow I'm really starting to like this place! Haha to everyone on here not being cruel about this issue, I'm very impressed! I agree of course. I'm just glad that people don't try to give you crap for this. I understand that this is your feelings and that it's a big kick in the head and that it's hard. My boyfriend and I have had many of these scares but don't worry. It will be okay. You can make it through. It will be a lot harder but it's completely possible. Thank you so much for adding this poem here, it's a huge issue in society today. As a poem, it could use some work. You really should space the lines since it's a poem. Being all crushed together distracts from the poem itself and it's so much better for the reader to pick up a rhythm and structure when it's spaces out. Great work though!

babygurl30 said...
like i dont' know what u r going though but just because u might have a baby does not mean that u have to give up ur hopes & dreams.u still can do everything that u want just maybe take little longer to do it.i know their going to be point when u want to give up but think bout da life that u might be carrying.u r not da first person to get pregnant at a young age so don't feel bad bout ur self. people make mistakes every1 deserves a second chance just dont make da same mistake twice;) o n dont look at it as a mistake their a reason y God chose to have this baby :)