Subscribe   Submit Work   Log In

You've Been Deceived

By ScarlettS, Chapmansboro, TN

Oh, the pain, the unbelief that goes through my mind. I wander around pacing, eyes open wide, brow furrowed together.
“How could such logic be considered?” I ask myself.
I sit, for I fear that I will wear a hole in the carpet from my continuous, worried pace.
Something in the very depths of my being stirs, thus causing an unsettled feeling.
“He is real. How could anyone be so blind as to not see His wonderful ways?”
The thought crosses my mind several times before the conclusion comes with much clarity.
Deception. The act of being deceived, beguiled, misled.
This world has been. . . Deceived. Time and time again.
Atheists, witches, warlocks. All made up by the mind. All made up after being deceived.
The unsettled feeling returns.

Page 1 of 2

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

6 comment(s)
I know you didn't mean to offend anyone, but I find this extremely offensive. I am an atheist, and proud of it! You believe in God, fine, OK, whatever; I don't care, we coexist, we can even be friends. I don't believe in God, but does that mean I've been deceived? No! I am an atheist by choice; I go to an Episcopalian school, my entire family are Hindus, and my grandfather and I are the only atheists in our entire family, yet they don't care. We have NOT been mislead, misguided, deceived, beguiled, or tricked. We could say the same of others who don't believe what we believe, but we don't. I have equal respect for everyone until they do something terrible to make me have less respect for them. I don't care what religion you believe in, as long as you are a good person. As of right now, what I want to say is that I don't need your pity, and neither does anyone else. We could easily see you the same way you see us. Everyone is their own person, and clearly, you can't see that. My concluding statement is simply that God does not exist, I am proud to say that that is what I believe, and you must stop pitying people who clearly do not need it, as they are perfectly content believing what they do.
Dec. 08, 2015 at 11:16 PM • Report
I know you didn't mean to offend, but you state that everyone but a certain group of Christians are misled because we use logic to come to our own conclusions. Atheism was not made up by the mind. Even if people didn't come up with the term, there would be thousands or even millions who did not believe in your God.
Apr. 03, 2015 at 12:03 PM • Report
Good job Scarlett. I agree and I've often felt the same way. Don't mind all the negative comments, not everyone understands us.
Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:27 PM • Report
So everybody thinks the people of other religions(or no religion) have been decieved. moving on...
Dec. 09, 2013 at 1:27 AM • Report
its to bad that esau is still trying to kill Jacob isn't it. the promise was given to Jacob not esau/islam
Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:19 AM • Report
Jesus isn't a prophet, He is the Son of God.
Apr. 08, 2013 at 2:18 PM • Report