Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Stop The Violence This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Anonymous, Westboro, MA

Drugs all over under the ground.
Guns, people crying, putting each otherdown.
People every day do crazy things.
Buying fancy cars and a lot ofrings.
You have nothing to show for yourself.
You're dying on the inside,and you have bad health.
I wonder what the community can do.
I have noidea, not even a clue.
I look in the paper and I see someone dead.
They layon the stretcher like it was a bed.
The mothers stand in silence.
Peopleshould think TO STOP THE VIOLENCE!!!

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

33 comment(s)
DeadlyConcerns
If A world without violence existed, there would be no people in it. That would be because even the people who believe in violence believe they are right. The people against violence think they are in the right, but no one tells either which side is right because both sides are made up of people. The same people who make the laws and the same people who believe they are right.You are talented though. I hope the magazine prints your poem in the issue this month
May. 07, 2015 at 8:20 PM • Report
MissEmilyDickinson
This is absolutely, powerful and amazing and true. We should stop the violence. I love that it your poem has honesty and rawness and truth and bravery and strength and beauty in it; and just so much. I'm not sure sure how to explain it, but your poem is powerful and wonderful and has lot in it. You have such talent and greatness and light and a beauty that is your own; and so much. You're an amazing and talented and beautiful writer and person. All of this and just so much more. Thank you so much for sharing this, my friend! Congrats on having this published in Teen Ink's magazine because you truly deserve it. Thank you, again. :)
Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:44 PM • Report
C.neisha
Pretty good poem overall....just a few grammar mistakes I shall say. Be sure to reread before posting.
Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:21 AM • Report
KingFoe
to me the message isn't exactly clear but the poem flows well. I just wish that it was looked over because all the words are mushed together which distracts from the message and poem. And even if it is cliche, and I guess it is a little, cliche doesn't mean bad. Not all of the poem goes together kind of as in it feels like i'm reading two poems that were put together that have similar meanings. So yes, I think it needs work but most poems do. Overall, good job.
Nov. 03, 2013 at 8:20 PM • Report
ElizaD
This poem is terrible. Its cleche and needs major edits. If it was refined, it could be good. If your wondering why it is published in the magazine, its because you guys kept on commenting. Im sure the poet could have done much much better. I think this poem would best be put in a slam format in the future 
Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:08 PM • Report
sarah98
i love the message, but it's kind of choppy and there's a few grammer issues...with a few more drafts, this poem would be fantastic. 3 stars
Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:33 PM • Report
StarGazer9
Guys, it's a good poem with a good message. Plus don't just say what's wrong about it, give advice.
Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:26 PM • Report
Gage1121
great poem i really like it. if you guys cud please check out mine :)
May. 11, 2013 at 12:58 AM • Report
GilliamLINA
Houses are expensive and not every person can buy it. Nevertheless, credit loans was created to help different people in such hard situations.
Mar. 08, 2013 at 8:21 PM • Report
EmoScreamer
 omg i love tjis. i think the same thing but i dont see aanyone tryna do anythign to stop it.
Mar. 08, 2013 at 12:03 PM • Report
Close