Sexy Halloween Costumes | Teen Ink

Sexy Halloween Costumes

By Breakdancegrl SILVER, San Antonio, Texas
Breakdancegrl SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

"Anything below perfection is complete and utter failure" Hugh Himwich
"What the hell is a Hufflepuff?" Dumbledore: A Very Potter Musical

I want you to be honest; how many of you wore a sexy Halloween costume last month? I'm going to go with about 75% or more.

No, I'm not a prude, and no, I do wear skirts above the knee, but when I see a twelve-year-old (yes, this did happen) wearing a micro-mini and an off the shoulder top with a bra strap showing, enough is enough!

This is written by a fourteen year old who is very opinionated. My parents said they used to make their own costumes and were usually hobos or wore punny costumes. They were clever. This year's Halloween party included a sexy ballerina, a sexy leprochaun, a guy dressed in a just there skirt with pink hair.

Now, not all of us teenagers dress like this, don't get me wrong. In fact, I saw a few costumes that I loved. There was an iTunes gift card, a Greek goddess (Athena, aka me, who managed not to be sexy), and an M&M (not my favorite, but at least not sexy).

So, who gets the award? ITunes Gift Card with her clever costume that was made by her and her funny take on today's way of downloading music!

Please guys, be clever and fun with your costumes. Don't dress sexy to impress someone, because it won't. Been there, done that. So what will I be next year? A couch pota-toe!

i have to agree with this article because people keep wearing innapropiate clothes, people dont dress up for fun they just dress up to get 'special' attention

Natalie12 said...
I totally agree with you! Young girls should not be walking around half dressed. Young girls should be covered up and not being so promiscuously dressed. I say it's okay for someone 18 & older to dress up in a sexy costume because they are an adult, but someone younger than that, I think should be a little more conscious of what they wear.

on Jul. 29 2011 at 8:39 am
andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
first of all, loved your article. second, i see them alot too, it's gross seeing 12 year olds dressed too look so horrible. i like clever fun costumes not ones that are just revealing, and gross. but you can be sexy without being sluty. last year i was a cat. i wore pants and a black dress, yeah i looked sexy, but not in a sluty way

Yeah, every year 'round October I get even more weirded out at how they're managing to make skimpy messes of utterly everything!! Last year I saw a skimpy SpongeBob costume. o.O What the heck?!

Conversely, I'm not much for "punny" costumes either. The iTunes card is rather clever, though.

(Last year I was Wednesday Addams. :) At least my dress covered my knees. ;\ )

icingonthecake BRONZE, Riverside, California
I agree. Young teenage girls these days have no business walking around looking like child prostitutes.

Austin said...
ahahah that itunes card was my friend andie. shes awesome

OMG!!! #2!!!

Thanks for the vote guys. I was really excited. I love you!!!

BTW, guess who's singing a song of mine???

Brad PAISLEY

KayVee said...
KayVee, Hamburg, New Jersey
skirts* not shirts haha

KayVee said...
KayVee, Hamburg, New Jersey
This is so true! Once I got into high school, you were allowed to actually dress up for Halloween if you wanted, since Halloween fell during the week last year. I was disgusted when I saw all of these girls dressed as ladybugs and bees with shirts and tutus hardly covering their butts. I don't care if you're wearing leggings. Leggings aren't pants, girl. :|

on Mar. 31 2010 at 9:55 am
magic-esi PLATINUM, Hyde Park, New York

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

I love this article! I agree that sexy costumes are going a little overboard (and they're usually not even sexy; they're just ugly.) I love creative costumes! I was the Halloween Fairy this past Halloween and my sister was Mother Earth. I liked how you used examples from costumes you personally saw- it gives a creative touch to your article. 5 stars!

Thank you so much! I love your poetry. It's very well written. I will check out your poems, for they are extremely beautiful.

ShernayB. DIAMOND, Southfield, Michigan

"Some things will never change"---Tupac

Great article! I must say that I support your opinion, but I also think that it is okay for someone to wear a sexy costume for halloween. For a child? No. But if that's what parents are letting their children do, then that's them. No one can control that. It just shows how much civility they have--to let a child dress up like a stripper or something. But anyway, I love the humor your article provides. It makes it so much more interesting to read. Good job.!
Oh, by the way, if you have time--will you please check out my work. Comment and leave a rating if you wish. I would greatly appreciate it!