If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

on Sep. 13 2022 at 6:42 pm
WolfGurl PLATINUM, Not A Real Place, Indiana

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. –Anatole France.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. –Josh Billings

Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.- George Carlin

A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. —Franklin D. Roosevelt

Never lose. Either win, or learn. - Me

Amazingly put @HRC

on May. 26 2020 at 9:05 pm
Funny_Fangirl, Festus, Missouri
Yes, we are all created equal. But the difference between the Christian and the unbeliever isn't about equality. It's about where we stand in our relationship with God.

HRC said...
on May. 2 2020 at 4:00 pm
HRC, Lexington, Massachusetts

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
--C. S. Lewis

Hi Ally,

The New Testament is one of the most reliable historical accounts ever discovered. You would have to discount the rest of history, if you discount the New Testament. Jesus' death on the cross is, even from an atheist point of view, the surest event in history.

It is his resurrection that people have problems with. The authors of the New Testament, Jesus' closest friends, were so convinced that they had spoken to the risen Jesus Christ (risen from the dead), that they gave their lives for Him. Jesus appeared to 500 people after his death; this too is unquestionable (though atheists try to explain it away by saying the 500 hallucinated at the same time). Though it seems to be against science that he rose from the dead, he also claimed to be the Son of God, and God Himself. God is not limited to science.

I have examined religion logically and rationally, searching for the truth, and Christianity is the only rational option. The one with the most proof. If there is so much proof for it, then is it not likely that it is truth? If all these things happened, and Jesus says that if you believe, you can become a child of God, why wouldn't you?

Christianity is not cultural; it is not a religion; it is a relationship. It's open for you. If you're curious, come and examine it to see if it lines up with rational. "Seek, and you will find." I'd be glad to help. Why don't you come and try to seek the truth, and see if Christianity fits? Christianity is about salvation, not condemnation. Everyone has sinned against God in their life; Christianity just makes you clean. It doesn't make unbelievers dirty.

Do you choose to be clean?

berenk SILVER said...
on Mar. 11 2019 at 3:43 am
berenk SILVER, Tirana, Other
then be muslim

on Jan. 26 2018 at 7:05 pm
Artistic_Geek_Roo_10 SILVER, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of places, but only if one remembers to turn on the light."
Albus Dumbledore

@Ellea thank you so much for acknowledging the truth in God's Word!

Bookerland said...
on Jul. 7 2017 at 3:37 pm
Bookerland, Alexandria, Louisiana
My pastor preached this point a couple weeks back: we are all creations of God, but only the ones who believe that Christ died to save us are his children, and go to heaven

on Jun. 19 2017 at 1:48 pm
AndreaVormon BRONZE, Lawrenceville, Georgia

"If you're from Africa, why are you white"? " Oh my God, Karen, you cant just ask people why they're white".

@Ellea Amen, I didn't think I would find the right words to say that

Ellea SILVER said...
on Oct. 23 2016 at 5:22 pm
Ellea SILVER, Touchet, Washington
It is purely by faith that we believe the Bible. No, not everyone goes to heaven because God can't tolerate sin. Those who have not believed in his son as the only way of salvation cannot abide with God the father. I'm sorry, there is not room for everyone. John 3:16 (ESV)  “For God so loved the world,that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. This means that if you believe in him he will not refuse you, but if you refuse him, he will refuse you. I hope this was helpful!

Ellea SILVER said...
on Oct. 23 2016 at 5:16 pm
Ellea SILVER, Touchet, Washington
That was an amazing description

giyoreli said...
on May. 20 2016 at 10:27 pm
giyoreli, Plano, Texas
It doesn't matter whether or not if non-Christians will go to hell because we don't believe in it. It's not a conversation to be had, you can't ask someone whether they think they will go or not if they don't believe in it and it's not a concept in their religion. But I'm Jewish and our afterlife is 'ehhh we'll figure it out when we get there', non-Jewish people also come into the afterlife too in our beliefs. There's room for everyone, no need to argue about who is loved and who isn't; whatever your religion is, may you be loved by every entity and the world around you.

on May. 20 2016 at 12:55 pm
M501athletic GOLD, USA, Other

It is never too late to have a new dream- C.S. Lewis

Agreed! Great comment! Nicely put @ DicipleofChrist God sent Jesus to save us from sin. We are all born sinners, God is giving us time now to get our lives right. Before Jesus comes and brings all of his believers up in the rapture. There are so many answers to any question you have in the Bible. You have to read it thourughly and ask God to speak to your heart. He will answer your questions. The only thing that no one knows is when Jesus is coming back? God is the only one who knows the answer to that question. But let me tell you guys this, the Bible did prophecy the future and a lot of it has happened, it's getting closer to the end times. So here's the question are you on God's side or not? There is no in between.

AndreB BRONZE said...
on Nov. 18 2015 at 1:01 pm
AndreB BRONZE, Sunshine, Louisiana
O boy this is one stupid comment

on Oct. 27 2015 at 8:45 pm
ScarletCity PLATINUM, High Ridge, Missouri

Anything that can be done, can be undone. ~Scarlet City
http://eepurl.com/dcyZMn

If you believe the Bible is false, how can you believe there is a heaven? The whole basis of heaven is the in Bible. If you say the Bible is false, but there is a heaven, then, by your own reasoning, heaven is false too. God created us with free will, which means we can do what we want and God won't physically stop us. But, with this free will comes responsibility. We can't go sinning all our lives and after we die say, "God, I know I was wrong, and I only believed you exist because I don't want to be thrown in a pit of fire." It's with this free will that everybody sins, and because everybody sins not everybody will go to heaven.

on Oct. 11 2015 at 2:48 pm
WhatOnceWas SILVER, Kirkland, Washington
There are people who were also depressed and fearful. Then someone showed them the "truth",put them in a plane, and hurtled them into a building. The "truth" is like art; it looks different to everybody.

on Oct. 9 2015 at 7:27 pm
Magicath BRONZE, Auburn, Alabama

"The boys, the girls, they all like Carmen
She gives them butterflies, bats her cartoon eyes"
-"Carmen" by Lana Del Rey

Oh my thank you! That is so very true!

on Aug. 31 2015 at 12:35 am
Lucy-Agnes PLATINUM, Clarksville, Ohio

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Justice Antonin Scalia

Ally_Yang, it is absolutely true that we are all God's children and He loves each of us dearly - too dearly for words. However, this remarkable love God has for us doesn't mean everyone is going to Heaven no matter what. You see, God loves us so much He gave us free will - the power to choose what we want, to love Him or to abandon Him. God doesn't send people to Hell; people choose to go to Hell. Does that make sense? The judgment after death isn't so much God saying, "You are so bad! I'm going to make you suffer for eternity now"; it's us either saying, "God, I love you so much I want to be with you forever even though I'm unworthy" or us saying, "God, I never loved you and I hate the very thought of spending eternity with you." If we don't want to spend eternity with God, there's only one other option, and that's to spend eternity without God - the very definition of Hell. I hope this is helpful. God bless you!!!

on Jul. 22 2015 at 6:12 pm
AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
Wtf are you talking about??

on Jul. 22 2015 at 12:22 pm
DicipleofChrist BRONZE, Eaton, Colorado
No. The bible is living and active and sharper than any double-edged sword. The Holy Spirit is a burning fire that consumes us, and engulfs us, and conforms us to be more like Christ. The message of Jesus Christ saves lives, and is the only thing that can save this dark, dark world.

on Jul. 22 2015 at 12:15 pm
DicipleofChrist BRONZE, Eaton, Colorado
I'm sorry to say this, Ally_Yang, but, the statement that we don't have a reliable source to prove the bible is absolutely false. Have you even read the bible???? It's amazing. The prophecy is crazy, I mean, we're seeing all this stuff happening that was prophesied more than a thousand years ago! Epic poems, and thousands of ancient tablets have been deciphered, telling of stories such as the Tower of Babel, and the Flood, and other such stories. It was prophesied that the authority of the pope would lose it's global power when 42 months were over. And, sure enough, it happened. I have done quite a bit of research of the bible's accuracy and correctness. But, don't take my word for it; take a look yourself. Google bible prophecy, and "how we know the bible is true". Then, rethink your article. And, I encourage you to read the book of John. :)

Annamaj BRONZE said...
on Jun. 5 2015 at 8:27 pm
Annamaj BRONZE, New York, New York
Firstly, God created us with equal potential, not equal outcome. He gave us all the ability to do good, the ability to do evil and the ability to choose. Some Christian theologians believe that heaven and hell are the same places, it's what we make of it,