Saving Our Home | Teen Ink

Saving Our Home

By Lost-In-Life GOLD, Whitby, Other
Lost-In-Life GOLD, Whitby, Other

It's never to late, if it weren't for the last minute many things would never get done!

The earth is dying before us yet we sit and watch. If the TV breaks, or the game system, we run off to the stores to get it fixed immediately no matter the cost. Why aren’t we willing to fix our earth? Are our T.V.’s and Game Systems more important to us than where we live? Where we shall continue to live, until the end of time?

The earth is our home and cannot be replaced, we must take care of it, and nurture it or we shall destroy it. We have come up with so much technology that hinders instead of helps us. Take that game system, that we run to repair, what does it do? ‘It occupies kids of today!’ Yeah right! The earth has already given kids plenty of entertainment in the forms of fields and hills, forests and plains, water and land. However, instead of using what the earth has given us, and helping kids by giving them exercise as they run around, we decide to ruin kids’ minds with game systems that glue them to the screen for hours, and makes them neglect their homework and chores. We have polluted this earth by making these things which do not even help us in any way!

We have already messed up this world, we have ruined the air, water, and animals that it has so willingly provided for us. We need to stop this destruction of life and bring back the world we had before. It will not be easy, but everybody can help! What about something as simple as turning the lights out when you leave a room? Recycling what can be recycled? Picking up litter? Donating money to an environmental organization? None of these things are very hard. We can’t just always say,“Oh, the earth is a mess. Ah, well, those big companies that are polluting so much can stop and fix it.” Instead we need to help out, it’s not only those big companies; it’s every day things that we do too that are ruining the earth. So stop and think about what you can do to make a difference in our world!

Save The Earth!

on Aug. 27 2018 at 3:55 pm
SassyMuffin BRONZE, Stockholm, Other

I am honestly not sure what I'm supposed to write here. I'm a gal from Sweden that likes muffins. I guess that's it? Oh, and welcome to my page :)

cool!

on Jun. 7 2010 at 5:54 pm
Lost-In-Life GOLD, Whitby, Other

Thanks! I'm glad someone completely agrees!

on Mar. 27 2010 at 11:44 am
Lost-In-Life GOLD, Whitby, Other

Yah, I like to think like that, it's inspiring!

on Mar. 14 2010 at 9:04 am
biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

TRUE TRUE TRUE!

on Jan. 28 2010 at 6:47 pm
WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

true true. You are right. And, who knows, one person could change the world.=)

on Jan. 28 2010 at 6:16 pm
Lost-In-Life GOLD, Whitby, Other

The fact is though, those thousands of people that do try will make a difference. Maybe not as large as the one that would be made if billions of people try but still a difference would be made. That's the point I'm trying to make here, that when even one person does something it makes a difference.

on Jan. 16 2010 at 1:22 am
WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

By Gandhi.

I love this planet. But you gotta relize something. Even is thousands of people try. Even if milllions, there will always be billions of people who don't try. You are making a fantastic point.