Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

An Attack on Muslim Self-Esteem This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Yousuf Q., Manhasset, NY

Almost three years after the terrorist attacks ofSeptember 11, it appears the United States has healed its wounds. What manyAmericans are not conscious of, however, is that many American-Muslims have lostconfidence in themselves and the world of Islam because of the discriminationthey have faced since September 11. Muslims did not feel confident of theirstatus in America before, and the attacks of September 11th greatly exacerbatedthis uncertainty.

Although the U.S. recognized Islam as a legitimatereligion in 1952, trouble soon started brewing over the moral being of AmericanMuslims1. When Hamas Abdul Khaalis besieged three buildings in Washington, D.C.in 1977 (during which one person was killed and 30 held hostage), he helped toescalate the mercury in the U.S.-Muslim thermometer1.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

6 comment(s)
DayROSE25
I had got a desire to start my own organization, but I did not have got enough amount of cash to do that. Thank goodness my mate said to take the loans. So I took the credit loan and made real my dream.
Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:45 PM • Report
LINDSEYJune
If you want to buy a car, you would have to get the home loans. Furthermore, my brother commonly uses a credit loan, which is the most firm.
Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM • Report
JeannieStein23
I had a dream to begin my own organization, however I didn't have enough amount of money to do that. Thank God my close fellow suggested to take the personal loans. So I used the small business loan and made real my old dream.
Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM • Report
CrystalAngelDol
it was an inside job, everybody who has common sense knows this
Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:20 AM • Report
joecool101
I don't think you understand what you're saying. Radical Islam has declared war on "non'-believers" and this is a fact. The Taliban and other terrorist groups constantly take responsibility for attacks on inoccent people. Your words are ones of hatred, disrespect, and offend to an enormous degree the familis of the people who died in the September 11 attacks. You should not speak about what you don't know. Don't be a defender of radical Islam, terrorism, violence, hatred, and war.
Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:55 PM • Report
CrystalAngelDol
AGREED! =)
Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:21 AM • Report
Close